News Article: Hickey on Hockey: Diaz’s days with Canadiens are numbered

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I know he may end up traded, but I don't see why he should be sitting with a lot of others struggling and 2 lefties playing on the right. The Habs do not have 6 guys better than Diaz...plus being a UFa and them probably re-upping markov means he will be dealt so they should try and build, not tear down his trade value.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
I know he may end up traded, but I don't see why he should be sitting with a lot of others struggling and 2 lefties playing on the right. The Habs do not have 6 guys better than Diaz...plus being a UFa and them probably re-upping markov means he will be dealt so they should try and build, not tear down his trade value.

Or..... a deal in principal has been arranged and the receiving team doesn't want to chance injury... I think the deal will get done just before Olympics.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
UFA at seasons end
not playing

takes a smart man to get that this guy will be playing for another team (relatively) soon... :naughty:

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Diaz's flu could be concussion symptoms.

I get the impression that the negotiations with Diaz and Subban are going really badly. I don't see why Diaz would be benched unless he had health issues or he had refused their best offer for next year. Looks like part of the Subban contract too, "we don't have the money to sign anybody if we give you 9 million" though really he's expecting a little more than Gionta's salary and the cap is going up... Well unless he's asking for 14 mill or something.

Emelin and Gorges had good defensive stats (read it on h does not stand for habs, did not figure it out) until they were separated so why separate them?

Seems to me Subban/Markov, Gorges/Emelin, Diaz/Beaulieu works at this point. If size is an issue dress 7 D and play Murray occasionally. Then try to keep Bourque, Briere, and Bouillon off the ice.

Every player looks worse. Lack of size, taking hits, and blocking shots has to take a toll.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Diaz's flu could be concussion symptoms.

I get the impression that the negotiations with Diaz and Subban are going really badly. I don't see why Diaz would be benched unless he had health issues or he had refused their best offer for next year. Looks like part of the Subban contract too, "we don't have the money to sign anybody if we give you 9 million" though really he's expecting a little more than Gionta's salary and the cap is going up... Well unless he's asking for 14 mill or something.

Emelin and Gorges had good defensive stats (read it on h does not stand for habs, did not figure it out) until they were separated so why separate them?

Seems to me Subban/Markov, Gorges/Emelin, Diaz/Beaulieu works at this point. If size is an issue dress 7 D and play Murray occasionally. Then try to keep Bourque, Briere, and Bouillon off the ice.

Every player looks worse. Lack of size, taking hits, and blocking shots has to take a toll.

I was also wondering about "flu" symptoms as opposed to "post concussion"
symptoms. I know they can be similar enough to cause difficulty in diagnosis.

But I assumed he would be kept out of some practices, if "post concussion"
were suspected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad