Hi to Bolts fans!

Dynobolt

Apr 1, 2016
Just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm English 32 year old from Kent just outside of London. I don't talk like the queen. I have family in Tampa as my wife's father married a lady from the states and they moved to Tampa.
I follow local ice hockey and go every week to support the invicta dynamos in a run down old ice rink with about 800 ish other fans. The sport doesn't get a lot of coverage over here unfortunately because it's by far the best sport in the world!!! So after finding out about the invicta dynamos about 4 years ago and becoming a regular fan of theirs 2 years ago I decided to pick a nhl team and the bolts were the obvious choice as are the most likely team I will be able to get to see. I'm now obsessed with them and only after my second season following (as frustrating as they can be at times). I have managed to watch every single game this season which is pretty decent effort given the time zones. This does make it a little more annoying when they play badly.
Came on this forum to see other people's views on what goes on as being from south east England hockey is not on people's priority lists so it's nice to see what real fans are saying. Also I have booked up to come over in October so hope to see a few games and meet Michelle Gingras:laugh::laugh:

Please go easy on me about my grammar I'm a carpenter of 18 years so I'm out of practice in the literacy department.

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Welcome ! We have several European posters here so you won't be alone in complaining about staying up late to watch a bad game :laugh:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm English 32 year old from Kent just outside of London. I don't talk like the queen. I have family in Tampa as my wife's father married a lady from the states and they moved to Tampa.
I follow local ice hockey and go every week to support the invicta dynamos in a run down old ice rink with about 800 ish other fans. The sport doesn't get a lot of coverage over here unfortunately because it's by far the best sport in the world!!! So after finding out about the invicta dynamos about 4 years ago and becoming a regular fan of theirs 2 years ago I decided to pick a nhl team and the bolts were the obvious choice as are the most likely team I will be able to get to see. I'm now obsessed with them and only after my second season following (as frustrating as they can be at times). I have managed to watch every single game this season which is pretty decent effort given the time zones. This does make it a little more annoying when they play badly.
Came on this forum to see other people's views on what goes on as being from south east England hockey is not on people's priority lists so it's nice to see what real fans are saying. Also I have booked up to come over in October so hope to see a few games and meet Michelle Gingras:laugh::laugh:

Please go easy on me about my grammar I'm a carpenter of 18 years so I'm out of practice in the literacy department.

welcome im more english bad writing grammar than anyone even foreign people so you will be ok and more welcome than most of my posts lol

im mentally challenged it seems and my cognitive ability is not getting better but often worse but is a good forum and people who accept me and everyone:)

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Welcome! You picked the right team! Maybe the Lightning will contact you soon for #DistantThunder haha.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Welcome!

Great to see more fans from Europe.

Hope to see you join us in the 'Game day Thread' during games if you're up watching, it helps with the frustration you far too often feel about this team if you can complain about with other people that gets it.

It’s also fun to hear about hockey in England because you don’t hear much about hockey there.

Dynobolt

Apr 1, 2016
Thanks everyone. My local team are playing in our first playoff match on the weekend so I'm hoping for a lightning/dynamos double this weekend. It's a couple of leagues down from our elite league but it's all I got as far as live hockey goes. And those lads give everything. Pretty much all I ask in any team I follow. can't wait to visit the Amalie arena in October!!!!!!! Go bolts!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad