Post-Game Talk: hi mrazek, welcome back

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
The poster didn't know, and so was asking for confirmation from those that did watch if the game aligned with his or her expectation of Detroit's contemporary haiku format for a hockey game: terribad--hmm, there's hope yet!--geez louise.

Answer: Yes, it did.

Exactly, thanks for pointing it out.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I do not agree with this. I think Vanek has been our best forward. He even backchecks pretty hard.
Howard ? Zetterberg? Vanek? AA? Greene?
I think I vote for Z.
The poster didn't know, and so was asking for confirmation from those that did watch if the game aligned with his or her expectation of Detroit's contemporary haiku format for a hockey game: terribad--hmm, there's hope yet!--geez louise.

Answer: Yes, it did.

Ok

Oct 18, 2006
Does anyone else like Sproul as much as I do? He's a real asset out there. His skating is tremendous and a huge weapon, his passing is above average, he's big, he likes to join the rush, he makes good things happen. Really exciting to have this guy on board and delivering.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Does anyone else like Sproul as much as I do? He's a real asset out there. His skating is tremendous and a huge weapon, his passing is above average, he's big, he likes to join the rush, he makes good things happen. Really exciting to have this guy on board and delivering.

Like every new comer.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I like Sproul. He tries to make things happen and isn't a possession black hole, goes for the breakout passes and when they connect, it's a beautiful thing to watch.

He still has a lot to learn on the defensive end, which I'm confident he can learn in time through match practice.

Ouellet has been quite good too, his possession numbers are very solid, best on the the team in fact. Small sample size and easier opposition of course, but he is playing his role well.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk

and he is right handed!:yo:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Yeah 'member when everyone was raving about Lashoff's skating and offensive ability?:sarcasm:
When the known is largely entrenched in mediocrity, it's only natural to place some hope in the unknown. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes not. But watching something grow, even if it's a depth defenseman developing into a solid second pair guy, is one of the few upward trends this franchise has during this recent era.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013

no::)

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah 'member when everyone was raving about Lashoff's skating and offensive ability?:sarcasm:

imo. He is a still better defensively than our bottom two:) He was never an offensive defenseman. How is that offensive upside that is supposed to be our D's strength really not working out. How do our d's offensive stats compare to other teams? (I did not look)

I remember when everyone here (three or four years ago) was raving about how loaded the system was with defensemen,all of whom, had first pair upside. Bring this one up , noo that one. This one was great, that one was even better// Now , the few that have survived choke more in their own end when under pressure than a guy with a Reuben caught in his throat. 2/3 rds of them have to count to four before they can decide where the pass should go. Defensively..oh my. We are a team without a 1st pair and half of a second imo. It is nice that everybody skates well. lol

Last edited:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
imo. He is a still better defensively than our bottom two:) He was never an offensive defenseman. How is that offensive upside that is supposed to be our D's strength really not working out. How do our d's offensive stats compare to other teams? (I did not look)

I remember when everyone here (three or four years ago) was raving about how loaded the system was with defensemen,all of whom, had first pair upside. Bring this one up , noo that one. This one was great, that one was even better// Now , the few that have survived choke more in their own end when under pressure than a guy with a Reuben caught in his throat. 2/3 rds of them have to count to four before they can decide where the pass should go. Defensively..oh my. We are a team without a 1st pair and half of a second imo. It is nice that everybody skates well. lol

I get what you're saying and I agree lots of people think the "shiny new toy" is always going to be the saviour of the hockey club.

But can say I must eat crow about Sproul, I truly thought he was going to be a complete bust. He is proving me wrong... so far.

And of course, having a few good games in the NHL doesn't mean he'll have a long and prosperous career. But he could also turn out to be a decent PMD bottom 4 that can help the PP.

But I agree, just because he's starting off nice doesn't mean he won't regress. Seems we see it far too often when a young player comes up and has a batch of good games only to become fringe players at best.

So far, Sproul has been a very pleasant surprise. I hope he keeps it up.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

We struggle to get the puck out of our end and he is one of the worst tape to tape passers I've seen play ine NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad