Post-Game Talk: hi mrazek, welcome back

dudyst

Feb 16, 2006
Ok,so after my tomorrow horrible hangover im going to make next 10 GDT,graphic stuff at least,heh

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Last 5 games 5v5:
With Mantha on ice = +30 shots
Without Mantha on ice = -47 shots

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I didnt watch the game but does someone want to tell me why in thr **** Larkin got 11 minutes of ice time the 2nd lowest on the team and why Mantha only got 12 minutes?

dudyst

Feb 16, 2006
I look forward to it.

Not a bad game from Mantha, Mrazek. Big E had a quietly strong game.

Need some language support,already thinking about jagr aligator bait theme,but tommorow i will be sober,i hope,so maybe it will change

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Z is doing alright but I'm not sure he should be up at almost 20 minutes TOI and over 3 minutes more than the next forward.

And Mantha 12 minutes is bizarre. There's zero reason Tatar should be playing more right now. AM is so clearly one of or best players right now. Whether he keeps it up is another story, but we need to play him.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
So explain why Larkin played 11 minutes and Mantha 12 minutes.

Obviously the coaching staff was liking the game he was having and thought he should play over other guys. Not sure why you even bother asking that question. You think Blashill cares about keeping Zetterberg fresh for game 65? He needs to win as much as he can right now.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I didnt watch the game but does someone want to tell me why in thr **** Larkin got 11 minutes of ice time the 2nd lowest on the team and why Mantha only got 12 minutes?

Putting annoyance aside, its probably because Blashill was just playing the match-ups. Dallas is very top heavy with Seguin and Benn at the top (both played 22+ minutes tonight), so he was probably subbing in defensive-minded players for Mantha, Larkin (and Nyquist too). This would be a bigger indictment if we were playing the typical team that has a trio of solid forward units instead of one that has two elite guys, a good guy, and a bunch of leftovers.

For Tatar, its probably a matter of trying to get him going. He's become an anomaly at this point.

Edit: Also very curious to see how Tatar's contract negotiations would come out at this point.

Last edited:

dudyst

Feb 16, 2006
I request that you don't.

Already lost my bet, i just send pics to some senior poster here and leave it to his consideration, you know,tommorow i will be sober,so no posts next few years :laugh: just one thing is for sure,my english will be bad like last 20 years,and i still be red wings fan like last 20 years

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Have to say I'm coming around to your opinion on this, if it were up to me we'd have shipped him to anaheim for Fowler before the season started. Good call. :thumbu:

That wouldn't have been the worst move. Fowler is still a stud. Green playing up to expectations and Sproul actually playing the PP point competently has made us forget a bit of our woes on defense.

I'm actually surprised how quickly Mantha has adapted. He's only played 8 games this season and it feels like he's had dozens of memorable shifts. As a big guy, and with the broken leg, I thought it'd take him a full season to make the impact that he's making now.

Its a shame Mantha wasn't brought up as a center. His puck possession/protection, vision and awareness makes me think he would've made a good center at this level. Ignoring the inversion of the tendency to pass versus shoot, something about his game reminds me of Getzlaf or even Thornton (although obviously not as naturally gifted as the latter and possibly the former). I think its the combination of size, fluid skating, and deftness bound up in a very self-assured presence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad