Hi everyone

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The one leading his team to multiple stanley cups?

Pretty remarkable 10 years into his career...

In the last 10 years, there have been what? 2 guys that have led their teams to "multiple stanley cups"? I'm not commenting on Ovi's ability as a leader, but even Crosby has only led his team to 1 stanley cup (and some would argue Malkin was more responsible than Crosby).

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
In the last 10 years, there have been what? 2 guys that have led their teams to "multiple stanley cups"? I'm not commenting on Ovi's ability as a leader, but even Crosby has only led his team to 1 stanley cup

I was joking about the multiple part. He doesn't even have one.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I was joking about the multiple part. He doesn't even have one.

My point being that in the last 10 years, only 7 teams (LA twice, Chi twice, 1 lockout) have a cup: LAK, CHI, PIT, DET, BOS, ANA, CAR. Saying he's invisible because he doesn't have a cup would mean that most of the captains in the NHL are invisible. I'm not commenting on his ability, or inability to lead / be "visable", just saying that I don't agree with that as a valid metric to prove it.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
My point being that in the last 10 years, only 7 teams (LA twice, Chi twice, 1 lockout) have a cup: LAK, CHI, PIT, DET, BOS, ANA, CAR. Saying he's invisible because he doesn't have a cup would mean that most of the captains in the NHL are invisible. I'm not commenting on his ability, or inability to lead / be "visable", just saying that I don't agree with that as a valid metric to prove it.

True. But even more remarkable is the fact that they haven't even made it to the ECF.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
When M. Jordan scored his first goal the other night, it was Faulk that went and got the puck for him and Staal was on the ice. May not be much but I found it a bit....odd.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
When M. Jordan scored his first goal the other night, it was Faulk that went and got the puck for him and Staal was on the ice. May not be much but I found it a bit....odd.
to be honest, nobody on the ice looked like they were happy when m.jordan scored. look at the non-reactions from tlusty and lindholm.

i think this is clear evidence that m. jordan is a locker room cancer.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
to be honest, nobody on the ice looked like they were happy when m.jordan scored. look at the non-reactions from tlusty and lindholm.

i think this is clear evidence that m. jordan is a locker room cancer.

I think it's actually evidence that EVERYBODY ELSE is a locker room cancer.:help:

Keep Jordan, trade the rest.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
True. But even more remarkable is the fact that they haven't even made it to the ECF.

I don't think it's that remarkable. IMO, they weren't built for playoff hockey. Playoff hockey, becomes a tighter checking, possession game where defense and goaltending is more important. They were more "run and gun" during the regular season, but really never had strong defense or goaltending.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I don't think it's that remarkable. IMO, they weren't built for playoff hockey. Playoff hockey, becomes a tighter checking, possession game where defense and goaltending is more important. They were more "run and gun" during the regular season, but really never had strong defense or goaltending.

That's Ovechkins fault for not leadershipping them properly you bafoon!

Edit: didn't even realize where this thread starter (on page 2 no less, kudos Canes board). Very sorry for your loss Kev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad