HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Okay, I just renewed the league with ten teams. ExSeider chose to take ownership of mantha39's team from last year, so all players from these four teams will go into the draft:

Bench
Bin Cookin
Ricelund
Sards

I set Sunday, September 19 as our deadline to set keepers. I think it's a reasonable deadline and it gives us some time to set the draft after that before the season starts. Let me know what you guys think and I'm flexible if you want to wait a little bit longer or speed it up.

I put in a placeholder draft date as Sunday October 10 at 9:30 PM EST but this is going to change I'm sure. That's the last Sunday before the league starts on Tuesday October 12. Might be best to wait until then so we know which players make it out of training camp/preseason healthy.

If anyone has any questions about prospect eligibility or anything else as you set your keepers, let us know in here.

Here's the link to the Season Three thread in case you want to relive any of that

OT: - HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Three (need one new owner to run team)

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Keep eight players.

Keep an additional three prospects if you have them. Prospects are position players drafted three or less years ago or goalies drafted five or less years ago. Prospects have played less than fifty games in the NHL.

Reactions: Hammettf2b

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Keep eight players.

Keep an additional three prospects if you have them. Prospects are position players drafted three or less years ago or goalies drafted five or less years ago. Prospects have played less than fifty games in the NHL.

Small detail here, but just for accuracy's sake.... the rule, as I've see it in the past, is once they are over 50 games, they lose prospect status. Exactly 50 games is still a prospect though. Yeah?

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I set Sunday, September 19 as our deadline to set keepers. I think it's a reasonable deadline and it gives us some time to set the draft after that before the season starts. Let me know what you guys think and I'm flexible if you want to wait a little bit longer or speed it up.

Throwing a suggestion out there.... can we make that a "soft deadline." Like, everyone be as accurate as possible and submit your 8-11 keepers. But allow a window that butts up closer to the draft for any changes to keepers. Just like trying to have the draft later so we know health/status of players, I suggest the same apply to a firm keeper deadline. And for prospect keepers, what happens in camp/preseason may also go a long way in who's worth using a draft slot on or not. Thoughts?

I put in a placeholder draft date as Sunday October 10 at 9:30 PM EST but this is going to change I'm sure. That's the last Sunday before the league starts on Tuesday October 12. Might be best to wait until then so we know which players make it out of training camp/preseason healthy.

Well, if that date doesn't change, I'm good with it. Sunday nights are good in general, and I like that it's pretty close to the start of the season.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Sorry for late notice. If anyone comes along expressing interest in joining by the 19th or draft day, Thrillhouse is 100% available to them. If not, I’ll try to manage it. Just pretty busy with work and overloaded schedule in my last year at university.

Otherwise, I’ll check in here before the draft

Last edited:

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Small detail here, but just for accuracy's sake.... the rule, as I've see it in the past, is once they are over 50 games, they lose prospect status. Exactly 50 games is still a prospect though. Yeah?

I don't know that we ever really discussed it in depth, but my interpretation was always that you lose eligibility for being a prospect once you hit 50 same as you lose eligibility for the Calder Trophy when you hit any of those milestones. I can go back and review older posts to see exactly how it was dictated but I'm kind of busy right now.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I don't know that we ever really discussed it in depth, but my interpretation was always that you lose eligibility for being a prospect once you hit 50 same as you lose eligibility for the Calder Trophy when you hit any of those milestones. I can go back and review older posts to see exactly how it was dictated but I'm kind of busy right now.

No worries, and no need to look it up, I was mainly just looking for clarification (and I forgot the Calder rule). It's such a minor thing, best to just stick with what you said and call it good. 50 games played and the player is not a prospect.

Reactions: Sparty

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Am I the only one who doesn't have any players on their roster?

Like, when you go to your team page? Because I see players on your roster.

Did you try turning your roster off and turning it back on again?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Sorry for late notice. If anyone comes along expressing interest in joining by the 19th or draft day, Thrillhouse is 100% available to them. If not, I’ll try to manage it. Just pretty busy with work and overloaded schedule in my last year at university.

Otherwise, I’ll check in here before the draft

I'll post that we're looking for another owner.

It's also early enough that I'm not locked into keeping any one particular team. Whoever joins the league can take your team or one previously owned by Bench, Sards or BinCookin. If we can't find anyone we might need you though.

Can a mod temporarily add "looking for one new owner" to our subject header? Don't know who in here is a mod or who to message about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayMoonDoh

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I have been kind of busy so sorry I haven't been able to pop into this thread.

Keeper deadline has been passed, I had to finalize the league so the four teams that are not returning are no longer in our league and their players are now free agents. I know we said before that anyone who wanted to take RayMoonDoh's spot could take any free agent team but that's not the case anymore.

It looks like SoExSeidered wasn't able to set his keepers, you can go ahead and post in this thread which keepers you want to select and I can tag them for you. All other owners made their selections.

Reactions: RayMoonDoh

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Is there a way to set the keepers so that all the managers can see each other's lists? Would be helpful to know who is draftable and who is not.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Is there a way to set the keepers so that all the managers can see each other's lists? Would be helpful to know who is draftable and who is not.

I don't know that you can. In the draft, the first rounds are just the computer selecting the keepers in a randomized order. I remember in last years draft when I was trying to change up my rankings I got real annoyed because there was no way of knowing who was being kept or not. I guess I can post the keepers in this thread later on, but I want to wait until they're all set by all the teams first.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I don't know that you can. In the draft, the first rounds are just the computer selecting the keepers in a randomized order. I remember in last years draft when I was trying to change up my rankings I got real annoyed because there was no way of knowing who was being kept or not. I guess I can post the keepers in this thread later on, but I want to wait until they're all set by all the teams first.

Hmm. That's odd. In my yahoo baseball league, once keepers are finalized the players who were selected as keepers get that little box with a K next to their name. Seems yahoo hockey should work the same as yahoo baseball. If you want to give me assistant commish status I'm happy to look around the settings. If not, no biggie.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
They might, I can't approve keepers yet so maybe we'll have the icon there after I do. I don't recall.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
if i remember correctly the keeper icon appeared after the draft...until then, last seasons roster was shown on the team page.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Alright, all keepers are set and the draft order is locked in.

It looks like the 'K' icon is shown for all keepers now if you look at team rosters, but if you try to edit your pre-draft rankings the layers being kept are now shown any differently than those who are available. I remember this being a thing last year, and it'll probably be a little more problematic this year because we have four rosters being dissolved. The keepers are scheduled to be selected as the last picks in the draft, I wanted to do it this way because not all teams have the same amount of prospects and it's not fair to allow a team with less prospects to have more picks at the start of the draft vs the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad