• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hey, DB! Quit sleeping on the job and start #7! This is the best thread(s) since the meanings of Finnish names thread.

I actually spaced on this series! That's my bad!

Vasily Podkolzin won the previous poll by a decent margin. Who do you think Minnesota should take #7 overall?

The idea here is to create a Minnesota Wild big board for the draft.

Added Suzuki, Lavoie, and Brink
Vote for who you think it is and then give recommendations on who to add for next poll.

1. Jack Hughes (95%)
2. Kaapo Kakko (93%)
3. Dylan Cozens (36%)
4. Kirby Dach (37.5%)
5. Alex Turcotte (68%)
6. Vasily Podkolzin (43.5%)

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Byram for sure. If the team didn't badly need future centers I'd have him #3.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like Krebs, a lot. Byram is a terrific choice, and tempting, but we simply don't need him like we need a C.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I like Krebs, a lot. Byram is a terrific choice, and tempting, but we simply don't need him like we need a C.
I like Krebs too, though I haven’t seen a lot of him. I love his compete and he reminds me of Parise. What do you like about him?

That being said, Zegras has moved the needle for me lately because of his elite skill level and playmaking ability. He has a skill level that would be unmatched on our team. The issue with him is that his feet aren’t great for a smaller guy. 95% of the time, slow feet is due to a lack of strength, which I would say is definitely the case with him. If he works in the gym and develops in college for a year or two, I see elite point producer.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like Krebs too, though I haven’t seen a lot of him. I love his compete and he reminds me of Parise. What do you like about him?

That being said, Zegras has moved the needle for me lately because of his elite skill level and playmaking ability. He has a skill level that would be unmatched on our team. The issue with him is that his feet aren’t great for a smaller guy. 95% of the time, slow feet is due to a lack of strength, which I would say is definitely the case with him. If he works in the gym and develops in college for a year or two, I see elite point producer.
I love everything about him except his size, and even there it's not too bad. Excellent skater. Fast and agile. Seems to have his weight low to the ground so he isn't easy to knock off it. Excellent passer and vision, which we REALLY need, with Granny gone. Smart. VG or better puck handler. More than anything, I like the way he attacks the play. Not physically aggressive, but is always probing to find offense. Is also a good two way guy, apparently...which is nice, but what I want is an offensive maestro.

I didn't see the same things with Newhook . In some ways he seems similar, but I think Krebs will be better in traffic, and is already being tested more in a better league. Newhook seems to float a bit more.

Zegras is playing on an elite team with elite talent. Completely different to Krebs who is playing on a crap team, and is depended upon to be the Man. I don't know if it matters ... playing against USHL is a half step down from playing against WHL teams, and the BCHL is another half step down.

I would be happy with either Zegras or Krebs. Newhook is a question mark. I think he's playing for the U18's. Would be nice to see him against better competition.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I love everything about him except his size, and even there it's not too bad. Excellent skater. Fast and agile. Seems to have his weight low to the ground so he isn't easy to knock off it. Excellent passer and vision, which we REALLY need, with Granny gone. Smart. VG or better puck handler. More than anything, I like the way he attacks the play. Not physically aggressive, but is always probing to find offense. Is also a good two way guy, apparently...which is nice, but what I want is an offensive maestro.

I didn't see the same things with Newhook . In some ways he seems similar, but I think Krebs will be better in traffic, and is already being tested more in a better league. Newhook seems to float a bit more.

Zegras is playing on an elite team with elite talent. Completely different to Krebs who is playing on a crap team, and is depended upon to be the Man. I don't know if it matters ... playing against USHL is a half step down from playing against WHL teams, and the BCHL is another half step down.

I would be happy with either Zegras or Krebs. Newhook is a question mark. I think he's playing for the U18's. Would be nice to see him against better competition.
Agreed. The U18s should clear some things up. I think newhook was cut from a team most top draft eligible players make.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Agreed. The U18s should clear some things up. I think newhook was cut from a team most top draft eligible players make.
Newhook is still on the Canadian U18 WJC team. Krebs was named Captain, which tells you something about his character. I'm already impressed by his skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad