• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Alex Turcotte won the previous poll by a wide margin. Who do you think Minnesota should take #6 overall?

The idea here is to create a Minnesota Wild big board for the draft.

Added Kaliyev

Vote for who you think it is and then give recommendations on who to add for next poll.

1. Jack Hughes (95%)
2. Kaapo Kakko (93%)
3. Dylan Cozens (36%)
4. Kirby Dach (37.5%)
5. Alex Turcotte (68%)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Still going for the best available C. The only question is whether it is Krebs or Zegras...I went with Krebs for no good reason. Byram makes no sense unless Fenton commits to trading Brodin in the future. Podkolzin is scary because he is signed for two more years in the KHL, and even then he has no financial incentive to come over to the NHL, as the ELC limits his payout to likely the same or less than what he would make in the KHL. If he is making more money at home, where he is comfortable and successful, why come over?

I could easily see a scenario where he doesn't come over for 4 or so years. Most physically developed wings ranked #3 oa start to play at least a bit of NHL by their second year post draft, if not earlier.

Having said all that, if he is available at #11(or wherever we are picking), then you have to take him. For the purposes of this list, though, he has to slide, IMO, especially because of all the good looking C's available.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Still going for the best available C. The only question is whether it is Krebs or Zegras...I went with Krebs for no good reason. Byram makes no sense unless Fenton commits to trading Brodin in the future. Podkolzin is scary because he is signed for two more years in the KHL, and even then he has no financial incentive to come over to the NHL, as the ELC limits his payout to likely the same or less than what he would make in the KHL. If he is making more money at home, where he is comfortable and successful, why come over?

I could easily see a scenario where he doesn't come over for 4 or so years. Most physically developed wings ranked #3 oa start to play at least a bit of NHL by their second year post draft, if not earlier.

Having said all that, if he is available at #11(or wherever we are picking), then you have to take him. For the purposes of this list, though, he has to slide, IMO, especially because of all the good looking C's available.
I strongly disagree with this logic. Especially when you consider the 3 "centers" that are still on the list, all have questions about their abillity to play center at the NHL level.

Also, the money in the NHL blows the KHL out of the water.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

I chose Krebs because I think Zegras is a winger

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They’ve also said that about Cozens by the way.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hey, DB! Quit sleeping on the job and start #7! This is the best thread(s) since the meanings of Finnish names thread.

Reactions: Digitalbooya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad