• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The run on C's continues. They are clearly the most valuable position to own quality at, and the Wild need some young quality there like they need to breathe. Can you imagine having a young Staal and Mikko on this team?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Would start adding players like Kaliyev, Harley, Dorofeyev, Brink, and Suzuki pretty soon.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
after watching some tape. Honestly I think podkolzin may be the star of the draft. Although admittedly I do have a tendency towards Russian players. I still like Hughes and kako is ok, but I'm just not wowed by them. So I guess that's my vote

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
after watching some tape. Honestly I think podkolzin maybe the star of the draft. Although admittedly I do have a tendency towards Russian players. I still like Hughes and kako is ok, but I'm just not wowed by them. So I guess that's my vote
Guy plays the right way. I just don’t understand why he’s not producing

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Guy plays the right way. I just don’t understand why he’s not producing

Reminds me of German Rubtsov that way. That was a guy I did not want the Wild to draft because I just didn't trust a guy that looked great, but didn't put up points. I still don't know whether I was right or wrong about him.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Reminds me of German Rubtsov that way. That was a guy I did not want the Wild to draft because I just didn't trust a guy that looked great, but didn't put up points. I still don't know whether I was right or wrong about him.
Yeah I was never a huge fan of Rubstov. Podkolzin on the other hand produces well at international events, better than well actually; however, his production in the MHL, VHL, and KHL leaves a lot to be desired. In the MHL he has 7 points in 12 games. Dorofeyev, projected to go much lower than Podkolzin, has 31 points in 19 games in the same league. Kravtsov whom went 9th to the rangers in 2018 was producing better than podz in his D-1 season. Even Kaprizov was producing better in his draft season; he was putting up respectable numbers in the KHL.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, if Podkolzin falls down to where we are picking, then we'll probably have to pick him, but it sounds unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad