• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Kaapo Kakko won the second poll by a hefty margin. Who do you think Minnesota should take #3 overall?

The idea here is to create a Minnesota Wild big board for the draft.

Added Byram and Other option as we get into the more interesting polls.

Vote for who you think it is and then give recommendations on who to add for next poll.

1. Jack Hughes (95%)
2. Kaapo Kakko (93%)

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Probably should be Podkolzin going by consensus, but I'm going to switch to a little more positional need. Whoever would be considered the best center after Hughes. I've heard Dach, Cozens, Turcotte and Zegras could all pretty much interchangeable. Since I haven't seen any of these guys play, I'll go with a right-handed Canadian in Dach. Pretty good numbers (best ppg on his team), 6'4".

#3 - #6 for me will be Dach, Cozens, Turcotte and Zegras in whatever order.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t know when the appropriate time for us to take Podkolzin would be, I just know that I’d take a few of the centers before him.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Dylan Couzins. He'll be the best two sport athlete since Bo Jackson. ;)

I'm actually torn between him and Dach. Not sure. Then again, I'm going entirely off of draftsite.com's scouting reports, so... I don't really know anything.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Doing more due diligence on them, I'd order the centers as:

3) Cozens
4) Zegras
5) Dach
6) Turcotte

I really like Newhook's game too. He plays in a lesser league, but he seems really comfortable with the puck. If he can translate that to the NHL I think he can be just as good as the other guys, if not better. I think there's more "bust" potential with him, but I also think there's more "boom" too. The exciting thing about Newhook is he might actually be there if we pick 10-12.

I'd probably take Podkolzin after the 4 listed above. Both him and Krebs have a really nice shot.

To continue the list I'd say:

7) Podkolzin
8) Krebs
9) Newhook

I'm really hoping teams ahead of us like guys like Boldy, Byram, Hardy so they're not there to tempt Fenton when he picks.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t know when the appropriate time for us to take Podkolzin would be, I just know that I’d take a few of the centers before him.
If all of the best centers are gone, and Byram is gone, I’d select him wherever we pick.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Doing more due diligence on them, I'd order the centers as:

3) Cozens
4) Zegras
5) Dach
6) Turcotte

I really like Newhook's game too. He plays in a lesser league, but he seems really comfortable with the puck. If he can translate that to the NHL I think he can be just as good as the other guys, if not better. I think there's more "bust" potential with him, but I also think there's more "boom" too. The exciting thing about Newhook is he might actually be there if we pick 10-12.

I'd probably take Podkolzin after the 4 listed above. Both him and Krebs have a really nice shot.

To continue the list I'd say:

7) Podkolzin
8) Krebs
9) Newhook

I'm really hoping teams ahead of us like guys like Boldy, Byram, Hardy so they're not there to tempt Fenton when he picks.
I would have the centers in the exact opposite order:dunno:
I think Turcotte might end up being the best player in the draft

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm going with Turcotte, because of his supposed high IQ, and his ability to distribute. With Granlund gone (something i still can't believe), we need a C who can carry and pass the puck. He also is supposed to be good defensively.
Someone could easily convince me that Dach, Krebs, or Cozens is a better pick. I rate Zegras and Newhook a bit lower, and Suzuki a bit lower after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad