HFWF SLAMMY AWARDS: WWE Moment of the Year

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
PREVIOUS WINNERS:

2012 -- The Rock defeats John Cena at Wrestlemania 28 -- 31.37% (16/51)
2013 -- Daniel Bryan pins John Cena at Summerslam -- 44% (22/50)
2014 -- Brock Lesnar conquers The Streak -- 41.67% (35/84)
2015 -- Seth Rollins cashes in during the Wrestlemania main event -- 56.10% (46/82)

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
As much as I hated it and still hate it, it has to be Goldberg and Lesnar. Nothing else got a reaction like that positive and negative and elicited more discussion.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
My brain says AJ but my homer heart went with Ambrose's cash in just because I never thought WWE would actually pull the trigger with him tbh

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I can see why you would vote AJ, but as an actual amazing MOMENT it was Goldberg

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Styles at the Rumble for me.

This year a is a really strange one for WWE. So many 'if you had told me last year that...' things have happened its insane. Styles making his debut is really the start of it, so I'm going with that.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Went with Styles' debut, I don't think any of us expected him to be the World Champion and best thing in the company only 6 months later

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
personally Kevin Owens becoming Universal champion is my choice. so im voting for "Triple H returns and helps Kevin Owens win the Universal Title" however i dont care about the HHH part.

i almost wanna vote for the Shield members holding the belt the same night at MITB but its not an option. so...... ;)

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Surprised by the lack of Goldberg votes... No one had him winning in the prediction thread. I think AJ Styles debuting was more obvious with multiple leaks and the weeks prior to the event.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I picked AJ, but man, Shane showing up out of the blue was awesome.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Surprised by the lack of Goldberg votes... No one had him winning in the prediction thread. I think AJ Styles debuting was more obvious with multiple leaks and the weeks prior to the event.

Because in the end it really doesn't mean much. Two part timers who haven't had a real match in years.

AJ finally showing up in WWE has actually affected things since it happened.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AJ debut was awesome, but it wasn't anything other than "Finally, AJ is in the WWE".

The Goldberg-Lesnar match sent waves through the entire company, and wrestling world. It was shocking.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
AJ debut was awesome, but it wasn't anything other than "Finally, AJ is in the WWE".

The Goldberg-Lesnar match sent waves through the entire company, and wrestling world. It was shocking.
Lesnar vs Goldberg didn't change anything. Lesnar is still in his part time bubble of irrelevancy, just now he's got a friend to share it with. The day to day WWE show didn't change at all from it. If the match never happened, then nothing would have changed at all.

Styles on the other hand is running Smackdown and has been by far the best part of WWE all year. That's making waves.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Lesnar vs Goldberg didn't change anything. Lesnar is still in his part time bubble of irrelevancy, just now he's got a friend to share it with. The day to day WWE show didn't change at all from it. If the match never happened, then nothing would have changed at all.

Styles on the other hand is running Smackdown and has been by far the best part of WWE all year. That's making waves.

well are we supposed to be looking at only the moment or considering the fallout of said moment

cause the former is Goldberg and the latter is AJ. I voted Goldberg based on the title

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

It's not about what comes after.

It's about the moment itself

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I voted Shane. Styles has had an amazing year, but let's be honest here, him turning heel on Cena should not be on the list. I'd put Reigns spearing Stephanie and a whole host of others ahead of that.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I voted for the MitB cash in, but it was more for the shock of actually seeing Reigns lose clean; once Rollins won the cash in was a forgone conclusion but I still really enjoyed it

This was just before we found out Roman got knocked with a wellness strike so it was a genuine surprise, and it was the most memorable moment of the year for me

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
AJ moment would of been even better if Dunn didn't screw up and keep the camera Roman's dumb mug.

The AJ moment needs its context back. Mr. TNA himself was killing it in Japan as the head of Bullet Club.

He wrestles what was my overall match of the year against Nakamura at Wrestle Kingdom.

A month later he is in the Rumble. One of the greatest wrestlers going just made his debut. Not only him being in the Rumble but it immdeatly started the speculation for a ton of dream matches that become possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad