HFWF SLAMMY AWARDS: Heel of the Year

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Screw it. I am saying Joe, because Monster Joe is amazing.

AJ is obviously a great choice, and so is KO who does the little heel things better than anyone.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Honestly surprised anyone other than The Miz is getting votes. No one generates real heat like The Miz while also making his opponent look strong as ****.

If you need a babyface to get over, you pair him with The Miz and it works all the time if it's not a throwaway one PPV match (*coughApollocough*). Miz is the reason people thought Alex Riley could be anything at all and he single-handedly made Dolph Ziggler relevant again in 2016.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Miz and AJ are tied. Went with Miz since I picked AJ in most other categories.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Honestly surprised anyone other than The Miz is getting votes. No one generates real heat like The Miz while also making his opponent look strong as ****.

If you need a babyface to get over, you pair him with The Miz and it works all the time if it's not a throwaway one PPV match (*coughApollocough*). Miz is the reason people thought Alex Riley could be anything at all and he single-handedly made Dolph Ziggler relevant again in 2016.

This. Miz doesn't try to be a "cool" heel like the others.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Voted Styles, as he's just had an amazing year.

But second would have to be the Revival for having an almost as good year, not sure why they were skipped on the list as they're miles ahead of everyone else.

Monster Joe and Owens would be a small gap behind them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Depends where you put heel. Are you the heel of the year because you were the most entertaining, or because you got enough legitimate heat?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Depends where you put heel. Are you the heel of the year because you were the most entertaining, or because you got enough legitimate heat?
I tend to side with the latter, which is why I went with The Miz, with Charlotte a close second. Owens had a good year, yeah, but to me he's terrible at actually being a heel.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't understand how Roman doesn't win this hands down. I've never seen a wrestler so genuinely and universally disliked as him. Peak Super Cena didn't get it this bad. Miz on the other hand is an incredible talent who is wasted on the gimmick of being unbearably annoying and cheating every match. It's cheap heat like Spirit Squad.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Kevin Owens. I want to see his ass get kicked everytime. He's a terrific heel.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't understand how Roman doesn't win this hands down. I've never seen a wrestler so genuinely and universally disliked as him. Peak Super Cena didn't get it this bad. Miz on the other hand is an incredible talent who is wasted on the gimmick of being unbearably annoying and cheating every match. It's cheap heat like Spirit Squad.

It's the purest form of heat there is. :laugh: That's what heels do.

Kevin Owens has cheated just as much, if not more during his title reign. The difference is that The Miz is so good on the mic and in his role that he makes people legitimately want to see him get beat up and gets guys over who otherwise wouldn't be over. No other heel has done that this year.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
everything owens says during his matches is gold. but one can barely hear him.
its close, i prefer owens as a whole. but miz has been on fire with his promos, including killing daniel bryan on talking smack.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I tend to side with the latter, which is why I went with The Miz, with Charlotte a close second. Owens had a good year, yeah, but to me he's terrible at actually being a heel.

KO does everything you're supposed to as a heel, as a lot of heels do do, but I think you're right in regard to Miz and Charlotte generating the most heat.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
KO does everything you're supposed to as a heel, as a lot of heels do do, but I think you're right in regard to Miz and Charlotte generating the most heat.
I thought KO was a better heel in NXT, as the prizefighter. Now I see him more as a babyface outside of the ring really. Probably cause of the best friendship mostly.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I am pleasantly surprised to see Miz leading this. I actually voted Owens just because Miz' heel run has really only been on top for about half the year whereas Owens has been at it the whole year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad