HFWF SLAMMY AWARDS: Breakout Star of the Year

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I went with Sasha Banks. Charlotte is the champ right now and has her daddy's lineage behind her, but whenever anyone mentions the Women's division Sasha is the one everyone pictures as its face.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Tempted to vote Rusev. The guy is so good that he saved himself after that horrible 2015 with the Cena and Ziggler programs, broke free from the League of Nations to regain the U.S. Title, be dominant again, have a high-profile feud with Reigns and continue to float around the upper mid-card and be credible even as he works with someone like Enzo and Cass.

I'm torn between Rusev, Charlotte and the "other" category for Bliss.

2017 is more likely to be Rusev's year though.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
You listed Sami Zayn twice and not Bliss?

RTKCATZ.gif

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
No one really stands out for me

No Styles ?
I get that he's established, but then we have Ambrose or Balor on the list

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Went with Bliss, from just another woman on NXT to Smackdown champion, even if Smackdown doesn't have the strongest women's division. Character and mic wise she's the best women on either roster IMO

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Other: Revival. They've had an incredible year in NXT. I dunno if that really counts as breaking out as they're still in NXT, but I'm still voting for them.

Charlotte would probably be my second pick, with Alexa following.

Bálor would have gotten my vote if he didn't get injured so soon, even if he had already been a star for years already lol.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i dont get the Alexa love in this place. (shes really hot tho...)

since its overall; The Revival did their job every night and had crazy amount of great matches while holding the titles most of the year.
i vote for them.

Charlotte has been doing her thing since nxt and has broke through the second she was called in the main roster in 2015... shes amazing, definitly female suprerstar of the year, but i dont understand her lead.)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The Alexa thing is that she' really stepped up on the main roster and become a focus of her show. She can carry people on the mic, even if she's still only ok in the ring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad