WWE: HFWF does THE DRAFT: 2nd overall pick (SMACKDOWN)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yep... after WWE did their draft, now WE do a draft and see how the rosters would play out.

Some housekeeping:

1. There will be three separate drafts, one for singles superstars (male and female), one for tag teams (NXT and WWE) and one for NXT. Depending on how many NXT tag teams are drafted will determine how many rounds for NXT superstars. Raw will get 3 NXT picks and Smackdown will get 3 NXT picks, this is the only round where there will be an alternating order and Smackdown getting the first pick.

2. Finn Balor, Nia Jax, American Alpha, Mojo Rawley, Carmella and Alexa Bliss will be in the "NXT" category as they weren't on the main roster before the draft.

3. Threads will be open for at least a full day. Once the next thread is up, then the previous poll will close. Never will one poll be open for two-or-more days, though.

4. If you vote "OTHER" you MUST name who you'd vote in that spot.

5. If you would like to break up a tag-team, post in the most recent thread saying "add Bubba Ray" (using as an example). There will need to be at least three posts (the initial post, plus two in agreement from two different posters) for that superstar to be added into the singles draft.

6. We will follow WWE's format where Raw would get three picks for every two Smackdown got, but the format will go Raw-SD-Raw-SD-Raw-Raw-SD-Raw-SD-Raw.

7. For the threads where Raw will have two consecutive picks, the polls will be MULTI-OPTION... only vote for TWO superstars to go to Raw at this point.

Without further ado... let's begin.

WWE_DRAFT_LOGO.jpg

SINGLES ROUND

ROUND 1

1. RAW SELECTS - SETH ROLLINS (92.31%)
2. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
3. RAW SELECTS -
4. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
5. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 2

6. RAW SELECTS -
7. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
8. RAW SELECTS -
9. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
10. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 3

11. RAW SELECTS -
12. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
13. RAW SELECTS -
14. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
15. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 4

16. RAW SELECTS -
17. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
18. RAW SELECTS -
19. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
20. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 5

21. RAW SELECTS -
22. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
23. RAW SELECTS -
24. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
25. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 6

26. RAW SELECTS -
27. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
28. RAW SELECTS -
29. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
30. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 7

31. RAW SELECTS -
32. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
33. RAW SELECTS -
34. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
35. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 8

36. RAW SELECTS -
37. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
38. RAW SELECTS -
39. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
40. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 9

41. RAW SELECTS -
42. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
43. RAW SELECTS -
44. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
45. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 10

46. RAW SELECTS -
47. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
48. RAW SELECTS -
49. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
50. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 11

51. RAW SELECTS -
52. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
53. RAW SELECTS -
54. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
55. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 12

56. RAW SELECTS -
57. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
58. RAW SELECTS -
59. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
60. RAW SELECTS -

TAG-TEAM ROUND

ROUND 1

1. RAW SELECTS -
2. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
3. RAW SELECTS -
4. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
5. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 2

1. RAW SELECTS -
2. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
3. RAW SELECTS -
4. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
5. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 3

1. RAW SELECTS -
2. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
3. RAW SELECTS -
4. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
5. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 4

1. RAW SELECTS -
2. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
3. RAW SELECTS -
4. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
5. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 5

1. RAW SELECTS -
2. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
3. RAW SELECTS -
4. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
5. RAW SELECTS -

ROUND 6

1. RAW SELECTS -
2. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
3. RAW SELECTS -
4. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
5. RAW SELECTS -

NXT ROUND

ROUND 1

1. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
2. RAW SELECTS -
3. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
4. RAW SELECTS -
5. SMACKDOWN SELECTS -
6. RAW SELECTS -​

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The champion should always go first, unless you can make a really good argument for someone else. You can make an argument for Rollins, but no one else. Dean Ambrose should be the second pick.

The only potential 'other' would be Lesnar, but he's a part timer so shouldn't be going early in the top 10.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think after the top two it gets most interesting. Do you go with the guy on top for over a decade in Cena? Do you go with Reigns? Maybe you take someone that has a potentially higher ceiling in Kevin Owens or Bray Wyatt.

I think it'll be more closer after this second pick.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I get the kayfabe angle for Steph taking Seth #1 but remember when she was indifferent towards him when he first came back? When did the Seth-love angle restart?

I think the company needs to separate the Shield members so they had it right with Dean going to Smackdown. They need to use the triple threat reunion match sparingly...which brings us all to wonder why Battleground and not one of the big 4? That's been bandied about already, I know...

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
The champion should always go first, unless you can make a really good argument for someone else. You can make an argument for Rollins, but no one else. Dean Ambrose should be the second pick.

The only potential 'other' would be Lesnar, but he's a part timer so shouldn't be going early in the top 10.

Well not necessarily. In drafts some people might think of long term potential and how much time a wrestler might spend in the wwe.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I get the kayfabe angle for Steph taking Seth #1 but remember when she was indifferent towards him when he first came back? When did the Seth-love angle restart?

I think the company needs to separate the Shield members so they had it right with Dean going to Smackdown. They need to use the triple threat reunion match sparingly...which brings us all to wonder why Battleground and not one of the big 4? That's been bandied about already, I know...

She was only indifferent because she was pretending to get along with Shane. Steph wanted to appear professional at first. Then when the dissension between her and Shane started, she started reverting back to her Authority ways.

I agree with Dean on Smackdown.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think after the top two it gets most interesting. Do you go with the guy on top for over a decade in Cena? Do you go with Reigns? Maybe you take someone that has a potentially higher ceiling in Kevin Owens or Bray Wyatt.

I think it'll be more closer after this second pick.

Well I think you really should be taking Charlotte at three, and Sasha at four. Men's title first, then you put the women's title right after it.

While the rest of the men's main event group is far more important for the show overall, I think you should still be placing the women's champion and challenger at the top of the draft for at least the illusion of parity.

But after that it will indeed be more interesting to see who people value more.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well not necessarily. In drafts some people might think of long term potential and how much time a wrestler might spend in the wwe.

And you can try and make an argument for someone else. I just don't think there's any one else in the company who you can reasonably take over the champion who isn't name Rollins.

I could understand not taking the champion first or second if the current champion was Cena. He's old and wrestling far less now. I'd accept arguments to take some guys over him who are in their prime and will be more than challenging contenders. But the champion is Ambrose, and he's one of the younger guys who you would pick saying he'll lead the next generation and take the title from an ageing Cena. Picking potential over him really doesn't make sense.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Yep. Absolutely agree with this.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
The only reason I would take Ambrose as #2 is because he has the strap, and I don't feel like that's enough of a reason on its own. SD is a brand that attracts hardcore fans. If they want to increase their casual viewers, I would bring in Cena at number two. Theres plenty of good workers to fill out the roster to not alienate the established hardcore base.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
After 8 straight votes for Dean to start, it's 5-5-1-1 (Styles-Ambrose-Owens-Cena). I wonder if Styles can catch up by tomorrow.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
For me, the top three in the draft had to be the three wrestlers that might become champion, because you want the best opportunity to have the title on your brand. You need to have a horse in the race at Battleground, so even if AJ Styles is probably going to contribute more in this upcoming year than Dean Ambrose, you'd have some egg on your face if RAW has Rollins at #1 and Ambrose at #3 - probably the two favorites to have the title before the brands are split. If I'm SmackDown, and Rollins is already gone, I'm either drafting Ambrose or Reigns (if I can see past the dangers of a 2nd violation).

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The title can change as easy as the weather. AJ Styles being THAT much better than Dean will never change.

Even though it's an imaginary draft for a fake sport, it's still a sport and promotion. You should be drafting as if it were. Else you're just making a list of the best wrestlers, and that's a bit pointless.

Anyway, yeah titles change hands, but it's not going to change hands from the Shield guys to someone on a different show. You should want the title, it's a lot more valuable than any wrestler can ever be (or should be if you book/write well). First step of making the title be important is to take it in the first round of the draft.

And things can change. Styles has back problems and he's nine years older than Ambrose. He's not going to be around forever, especially not at the level he currently is at. Styes should be a high pick, but not above the title. Especially not above the title when the guy holding it is a young star who is going to be around for the next decade.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Considering I think Seth is winning and thus the title is lost anyway? I would legit take each of the following over Dean Ambrose with no belt and no Seth to prop him up with:

Rollins
Balor
Styles
Cena
Rusev
Owens
Cesaro
Wyatt
Zayn
Orton
Lesnar

This doesn't count guys like Joe or Nakamura who weren't in this draft. Dean hasn't been pushed like a top superstar because he isn't.

And before i'm just written off as trolling or a hater, name three great Dean Ambrose matches from WWE that did not involve Seth Rollins.

I get why he was drafted so high in storyline but he's just outclassed on this roster.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I agree.

If I were just taking guys and ignoring storylines and titles, then Ambrose isn't in my top ten. He'd probably be somewhere between 15-20, as I'd be taking the top women and tag teams over him for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad