Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
PATCHING UP SOME HOLES
:coyotes / :flames
cut.jpg

The Trade Bait board just got a little less potent with a large blockbuster deal on Sunday night as the team's top team, the Arizona Coyotes deal Jonathan Huberdeau, Carl Gunnarsson and their 2019 1st round pick to the Calgary Flames for Ryan McDonaugh, Max Pacioretty and Chad Ruhwedel. GM @Intoewsables has noted last week that Jonathan Huberdeau could be available in a playoff package and sure enough, one week later, the rich get richer. The Calgary Flames have been falling off for the entirety of the year and now find themselves in the basement of the league with two lottery draft picks, now dealing two of their top rentals and collecting another first round draft pick. GM @Black Noise was rumoured to have begged Arizona to take on Ben Chiarot, but the wily commissioner was not willing to bend over that easily.

To ARI: Ryan McDonagh, Max Pacioretty, Chad Ruhwedel
To CGY: Jonathan Huberdeau, Carl Gunnarsson, 2019 ARI 1st

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
PATCHING UP SOME HOLES
:coyotes / :flames
cut.jpg

The Trade Bait board just got a little less potent with a large blockbuster deal on Sunday night as the team's top team, the Arizona Coyotes deal Jonathan Huberdeau, Carl Gunnarsson and their 2019 1st round pick to the Calgary Flames for Ryan McDonaugh, Max Pacioretty and Chad Ruhwedel. GM @Intoewsables has noted last week that Jonathan Huberdeau could be available in a playoff package and sure enough, one week later, the rich get richer. The Calgary Flames have been falling off for the entirety of the year and now find themselves in the basement of the league with two lottery draft picks, now dealing two of their top rentals and collecting another first round draft pick. GM @Black Noise was rumoured to have begged Arizona to take on Ben Chiarot, but the wily commissioner was not willing to bend over that easily.

To ARI: Ryan McDonagh, Max Pacioretty, Chad Ruhwedel
To CGY: Jonathan Huberdeau, Carl Gunnarsson, 2019 ARI 1st
First of all, huge props to Black Noise for the pleasant negotiations here. Despite the fact that we were moving some big names around, figuring this deal out was a breeze. We were on the same page value-wise from the start so negotiating the finishing touches was no sweat at all.

Moving Huberdeau was tough, but it was something I'd considered doing for almost a year now. He's an excellent player on a great contract, but with his NMC kicking in at the start of next season, it seemed risky locking ourselves in with a $6M player on a team like Florida. Picking up two top-tier rentals on contenders is a huge boon to our playoff push this year, so hopefully it all ends up being worth the big price we're paying here.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
:coyotes

Max Pacioretty - Mika Zibanejad - David Pastrnak
Kevin Fiala - Bo Horvat - Jakub Vrana
Colin Wilson - Blake Coleman - Richard Panik
Darren Helm - Denis Malgin - Brandon Tanev
Garnet Hathaway

Ryan McDonagh - Seth Jones
Ivan Provorov - Dougie Hamilton
Tyler Myers - Colin Miller
Braydon Coburn, Ron Hainsey

Marc-Andre Fleury
Alex Stalock
May look to add some more playoff forwards before the deadline, preferably by swapping more non-playoff guys.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
THREESOME LEAVES DB HA-LA(C)KING
:kings / :hawks / :flames
To LAK: Jarolsav Halak (50%), Mirco Mueller
To CHI: Danny Dekeyser, Tristian Jarry, Cond 2019 4th
To CGY: Retains 50% on Halak, Cond 2019 4th
If Boston (IRL) advances to 2nd round of the playoffs,its the higher of LAK/OTT 4ths goes to Chicago, if not its 2019 LAK 5th that goes to Chicago
Calgary will receive the lowest of LAK/OTT 4ths

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
HFVHL TRADE DEALINE INFO
i2ixqh.jpg
February has rolled around, and that means that it's trade season. The above trade bait board has been determined by five 'esteemed' GM's around the league based off of available players ranked by trade value and playoff eligibility.

Starting with February 1st, all trades made will be recorded and scrutinized by three trade critics (Donut, Weylspin, Tryamkin) and analyzed to a report posted after the trade deadline.

In edition to this, I will be streaming a HFVHL Trade Deadline special podcast/stream on Twitch, the night of the trade deadline, February 26th. It will run breaking trades, trade rumors, live interviews and more. You can pre-follow and turn on notifications to see when I go live on February, and I may go live beforehand to test things out.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
3 of top 8 assets. Pay up people. I want to move these guys but you ain’t getting them for cheap. Some have made ok offers but nothing to really move the needle either way.

Ellis best defensemen left on a top contender - I need a good reason to move him.

Murray - the only goalie on that list worth a damn. Also not coming cheap as he plays on a top contender and has a cheap cap hit now and for next year

Kessel - second best playoff forward you can get. Looks at his playoff numbers, if you don’t want that, then you don’t want to win this league

Reactions: Dabeast

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I would like to resign as GM of the Oilers.
This was my first nhl keeper league and it was fun to learn the ropes as I've never been involved in a game like this before. Several factors led to this decision.
a) it's hard to follow hockey in general when you're a fan of a team (Oilers) that has only made the playoffs once in the past 12+ years and continually wastes 1st overall picks. Better things in life than wasting time on that nonsense.
b) Don't have much spare time to follow hockey anymore let alone be in a keeper league.
c) Got tired of the toxic environment aka bashing certain GMs all the time (won't mention names on here but you know who you are and I'm not the only one who feels this way).
Thanks for the opportunity @Intoewsables ; classiest commish in the biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad