#6Ayrton MartinoLWToronto ON2021 Draft - 73rd30.6%
#7Artem GrushnikovLDVoskresensk RUS2021 Draft - 48th21.6%

Happy Voting​

Adler2022-Tiefensee-1983800393.png

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Ngl I'm not sure how Grush is over Blumel. Isn't Grush projecting to become the borderline NHLer/top AHLer that Blumel is right now? Not that it matters much - both are probably just 'guys' at best.

Tempted to go with other prospects above them because of it. But Blumel is so close to the NHL it's hard not to go with him.

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Yeah, I'm thoroughly confused by the support Grushnikov got. For me he's just barely a top 20 prospect... But with opinions this divided I guess just a small amount of support can push someone quickly through the ranking. A 21.6% vote share must be one of the smallest winning shares ever.

Reactions: LT

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Ngl I'm not sure how Grush is over Blumel. Isn't Grush projecting to become the borderline NHLer/top AHLer that Blumel is right now? Not that it matters much - both are probably just 'guys' at best.

Tempted to go with other prospects above them because of it. But Blumel is so close to the NHL it's hard not to go with him.
grush.... recent-ish 2nd round pick..... people think he has a projectable "safe floor"

blumel... signing.. not drafted by this club.... under ppg in AHL D+4(?) season

i think both are bubble guys that get cups of coffee. Grushnikov as a bottom pairing D at best. Blumel to inject some speed and jam into a 4th line

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Grush has some good tools that can allow him to be defensively responsible bottom pair guy. Depending on his offensive game progression, could be even more. He was put in a very defensive position in Hamilton.

Reactions: Zrhutch

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Grush isn’t gonna wow you but he has a skillset that’ll put him in the league for at least half a decade. Should develop into a plug and play bottom pair/PK guy.

Reactions: Dallasman and Johno

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Grush has some good tools that can allow him to be defensively responsible bottom pair guy. Depending on his offensive game progression, could be even more. He was put in a very defensive position in Hamilton.
I think I have a hard time to buy him as a top 10 prospect until he succeeds against men. I'm sure his tools are great but his offensive production has been very luckluster his whole career, which does worry me even if he is a defensive guy. But we have already discussed this last yeat. IIRC @Satan gave some good examples off players with similar production at junior level that worked out.

I also have never watched the guy so maybe he is super impressive when you actually go beyond the stats. I remain sceptical for now though.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I think I have a hard time to buy him as a top 10 prospect until he succeeds against men. I'm sure his tools are great but his offensive production has been very luckluster his whole career, which does worry me even if he is a defensive guy. But we have already discussed this last yeat. IIRC @Satan gave some good examples off players with similar production at junior level that worked out.

I also have never watched the guy so maybe he is super impressive when you actually go beyond the stats.

I know @BG44 @Kcb12345 and myself all watched Hamilton’s memorial cup so those 2 guys have seen a lot of Grushnikov at his best.

Any kid who uses a fake name to be able to keep playing hockey is top 10 in my book

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad