piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
#1Logan StankovenC/RWKamloops BC2021 Draft - 47th92.6%
#2Mavrik BourqueCPlessisville QC2020 Draft - 30th68.1%
#3Lian BichselRDOlten SUI2022 Draft - 18th78.7%
#4Christian KyrouRDKomoka ON2022 Draft - 50th47.9%
#5Tristan BertucciLDVaughan ON2023 Draft - 61st53.1%

Due to the weekend this poll will run for 2 days. Daily polls will resume on Monday. I also anticipate this being an inflection point with more disagreement.

Happy Voting​

Adler2022-Tiefensee-1983800393.png

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

trenchard

Jul 3, 2012
Hradec Kralove
Before signing had Blumel two great seasons at Czech Extraliga - first was little bit better, but in second season played for national team and was one of best players (after Krejci, Pastrnak, Cervenka, ...).
I believe that with more patience and confidence to him, he can prodeuce 40-50 points and can be second liner at best, had good shot.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Went with Poirier. He has a pretty bulky frame that takes up a lot of the net and has shown solid year over year improvement. Think there's a bit more upside with a goalie in this range then the next crop of wingers. Martino, Arcuri and Blumel are worth considering though.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I will drag y'all kicking and screaming to my way of thinking about Stranges. I like Acuri but he's a little one dimensional to be this high. Poirer, I don't know near enough about goaltenders and want to see him play actual AHL games before I hop on that train.

Then of course Blumel. He's a tweener and his big problem is that Stankoven and Bourque are in front of him and will be called up before him. Will he even get his chance? That said his upside isn't so great that I'm going to bang the drum for him.

Martino has put up good but not great numbers in college. Is he Chiasson or R. Smith? I have no clue at this point and neither does anyone else on this board.

Stranges for the win. Bet on the incredible upside.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Poirier has shot up my rankings for a few reasons, and I'm usually cool on goalies. First, someone who puts up multiple seasons of good SV% in the Q where defense is optional is rare. Then, in a year where he was likely only initially slated to get ECHL action he gets into 16 AHL games and seemed to even make it a tandem at one point. And then when he goes back to Idaho they immediately put him in net over Scheel despite it being the middle of the playoffs. Very subjective, but I feel like his teammates like playing in front him as well. Organizationally the path to Oettinger's backup is wide open. That could be a pretty important role down the line, keeping Jake fresh.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
These votes matter as much as the points in 'Whose Line'

Klinberg was voted outside the top 15, Scott Glennie and Philip Larsen were once our future. Ivan Vishnevskiy still has potential IMO.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Esa took forever ( until he was suddenly Liiga defenseman of the year out of nowhere in 2014-15 ) to be on one of those lists and now has played more than 500 games for the Stars . Just shows how difficult it is to evaluate someone at 18-19 that still needs 3-4 years of development before he's even remotely NHL ready.

Reactions: LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
We're just at #6 and the votes are all over the place. Just incredibly difficult really get a feeling about pretty much all the prospects left to vote for. Like is Remi really our #6 best prospect ? I know he had a strong first pro-season for a guy who was expected to play just ECHL minutes behind Murray , Dobby , Scheel . Hell he even backed up Otter a couple of times while Wedge was hurt. But still there's so much uncertainty there but then again so is with everybody left.

Like Remi could be the AHL starter next year taking that job from Murray and even play some NHL games if someone gets hurt or be #3 in the AHL behind Bryan Thomson who the Texas Stars signed to an AHL deal and play ECHL again.

Last edited:

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I will drag y'all kicking and screaming to my way of thinking about Stranges. I like Acuri but he's a little one dimensional to be this high. Poirer, I don't know near enough about goaltenders and want to see him play actual AHL games before I hop on that train.

Then of course Blumel. He's a tweener and his big problem is that Stankoven and Bourque are in front of him and will be called up before him. Will he even get his chance? That said his upside isn't so great that I'm going to bang the drum for him.

Martino has put up good but not great numbers in college. Is he Chiasson or R. Smith? I have no clue at this point and neither does anyone else on this board.

Stranges for the win. Bet on the incredible upside.

I don't quite agree with this statement. PPG in the NCAA is a pretty big accomplishment and is right in line with a first round pick in Matt Coronato. Also, while Coronato was the 3rd leading scorer on his team, Martino was pretty far and away the best player on his team while also being the youngest.

Depending on how his game translates to the pros, Martino is the only forward left with top-line upside. If he pans out, he can very much play the same role as Bourque. Stranges, while having a good season last year--for the games he did get in--still needs to shake off the Jeremy Bracco comparisons in my mind.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I wish we had access to Assist 1 vs. Assist 2 stats on Martino. Guys with massive goal / assist dichotomies give me pause, and that's going either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00