#1Logan StankovenC/RWKamloops BC2021 Draft - 47th92.6%
#2Mavrik BourqueCPlessisville QC2020 Draft - 30th68.1%
#3Lian BichselRDOlten SUI2022 Draft - 18th78.7%

Happy Voting​

Adler2022-Tiefensee-1983800393.png

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
My thinking with going with Kyrou here is while bust potential does exist there's really no other boom candidate that compares remaining. Premium position, premium skillset. Tons of confidence. He's got his brother showing what's possible, not that it's a guarantee, but you tend to see brothers following in each other's footsteps in the NHL particularly.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
My thinking with going with Kyrou here is while bust potential does exist there's really no other boom candidate that compares remaining. Premium position, premium skillset. Tons of confidence. He's got his brother showing what's possible, not that it's a guarantee, but you tend to see brothers following in each other's footsteps in the NHL particularly.
Minnetian has similar a boom bust profile I think. I’d put Kyrou above him though.

Ertel memes are going too far! He might end up in our top 5 at this rate. :laugh:

Reactions: piqued

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I have Bertucci next and I do think an argument could be made for him here. Bertucci more in the all-around Harley mold with Kyrou in the offensive Klingberg mold. Both will be valuable if they achieve their ceilings. Kyrou right handed which possibly adds a bit of value.

I was almost going to mention Minnetian in the boom-or-bust conversation but yeah, good call.

Reactions: Kipper 17

serp

Jan 17, 2016
At this #4 we're at guys still years away or guys with more than likely limited upside who could play NHL games next season.

Pretty difficult. Blümel or Kyrou here i think

Reactions: LT

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I'm the outlier. Stranges all the way. Kyrou needs to show he wants to try to play a 200ft game which is going to be hard to do while also stepping up a level.

Stranges has gotten the tough love in his first AHL season. He didn't play a ton but as I've said previously his minutes and opportunities went up as the season went on and he started gaining trust and producing. He has the best offensive upside of everyone remaining. He's also closer in his journey than the younger defenders.

As for Blumel, I think he's fine but nothing special and his upside is meh. Perhaps he's better than I'll give him credit for but we'll see where he stands in the pecking order this preseason.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
After hemming and hawing over all of the skaters, I'm going with Remi. A 21 year old goalie who's already put up good enough numbers to get a contract? Sounds good to me.

Reactions: piqued

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I just don't like giving huge praise to average sized offensive D-men. I think there's a bit of a drop after the few hyped pieces like Stankoven, Bourque and Bischel.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wait what's with the Ertel hype all of a sudden

Genuinely didn't think he'd even make the top 10-15

• Haha
Reactions: Kipper 17

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
This is a tough one…Kyrou, Bertucci and Minnetian are all pretty exciting. Seminoff had a great year. Wheatcroft is really interesting but is he another Felhaber?

Reactions: starsfan86

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
This is a tough one…Kyrou, Bertucci and Minnetian are all pretty exciting. Seminoff had a great year. Wheatcroft is really interesting but is he another Felhaber?

Nah Wheatcroft has way higher IQ and sick hands. He’s a better skate than Robertson was in junior but if he just adds a little bit more speed off his first stride he could be a true weapon.

My issue with Minnetian is he lacks continuity to his game. Leaves you wanting a little more

Reactions: Morry83

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
This board be just going for the shiny, new toys all-around. Arcuri deserves more love!

I’m loving the potential of the defensive prospects. Especially Bertucci, Grush, Kyrou. Minnetian and Fegaras also bringing depth potential.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
After hemming and hawing over all of the skaters, I'm going with Remi. A 21 year old goalie who's already put up good enough numbers to get a contract? Sounds good to me.

This is very fair.

There’s just so little context to goalie development because it’s all over the place. Makes it difficult for people to make projections.

I’ll add this tidbit too, I’ve heard really good things about Mayorov. Just haven’t seen him play. His father was an NHL goalie though so I’m sure that will help.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
This board be just going for the shiny, new toys all-around. Arcuri deserves more love!

I’m loving the potential of the defensive prospects. Especially Bertucci, Grush, Kyrou. Minnetian and Fegaras also bringing depth potential.
it's a hockey's future board.. d+1 and they aren't a norris nominee? that ship has sailed. on to the next!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad