Happy Voting​

Adler2022-Tiefensee-1983800393.png

8f1d2fd0d95ec9aa2b55ea1c4c8887e3-2612270538.jpg

Reactions: Johno and LT

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Tie Domi without the truculence. He probably has the best vision of anyone in the entire organization. I don't know if he's physically capable of playing center in the NHL but I do hope that when he comes up he gets the chance. He would add playmaking ability that is missing from this lineup. He's a future NHL'er and in most past voting years would easily be #1 on this list.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I don't think he would have been so dedicatedly kept at center last year if that wasn't the longterm plan. Ultimately the idea has to be to have a center lineup of Hintz-Johnston-Bourque-Dellandrea. With Seguin likely stapled to Bourque's right wing the way Benn was to Johnston.

Hopefully he gets in a few games this season but 2024-25 is the realistic time horizon with Pavelski and Duchene likely gone leaving the RW depth chart as Stankoven-Dadonov-Seguin.

Reactions: LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This is very clearly Mav . After 3 it's going to get murky

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm a bit confused about Bichsel. I haven't seen much at all that indicates to me he'll be anything more than at best a #4 with a mean streak, in the mold of a guy like Gudas. That's fine, but I view that as his peak, and I don't see how that compares favorably to Stankoven or Bourque.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm a bit confused about Bichsel. I haven't seen much at all that indicates to me he'll be anything more than at best a #4 with a mean streak, in the mold of a guy like Gudas. That's fine, but I view that as his peak, and I don't see how that compares favorably to Stankoven or Bourque.

If he turns into an Oleksiak type of player that makes more use of his size than Big Rig does thats absolutely more than fine.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I’m choosing optimism and that feels like a Walmart version of Mo Seider, which I’d like. Bottom end top pairing guy, high end top 4 guy. Was really impressed with him at the WJC and happily surprised that he’s being brought over to play in the American. Think he’s got more than we thought he did on draft night.

Reactions: 506

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I'm a least a little worried that Bischel might suck and play a lot of NHL minutes anyways. Coaches get pretty infatuated with that body type and tend to play guys like that a lot even when they're struggling; Gudbranson and Zadorov spring to mind.

The other concern is that Bischel just hasn't played much hockey, he's averaged less then 12 minutes a night with Leksands over the past couple years. There might be a big learning curve with him. It might be something like an Oleksiak situation where he eventually becomes a good defenseman but they have to go through plenty of crappy years to get there.

That's maybe more pessimistic then I'm trying to be. In fairness, I think Bischel could be really good too. But, I just think the range of outcomes is more worrying then it is with Bourque. Mavrik could definitely bust, but I feel like that would look more like Sam Steel 2.0 where he's just kinda there but not actively harming the team.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I think this list could end up being mixed up quite a bit after 5 years. But it feels great to look at our main roster first and then look at our prospect pool. Beautiful balance

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm a least a little worried that Bischel might suck and play a lot of NHL minutes anyways. Coaches get pretty infatuated with that body type and tend to play guys like that a lot even when they're struggling; Gudbranson and Zadorov spring to mind.

The other concern is that Bischel just hasn't played much hockey, he's averaged less then 12 minutes a night with Leksands over the past couple years. There might be a big learning curve with him. It might be something like an Oleksiak situation where he eventually becomes a good defenseman but they have to go through plenty of crappy years to get there.

That's maybe more pessimistic then I'm trying to be. In fairness, I think Bischel could be really good too. But, I just think the range of outcomes is more worrying then it is with Bourque. Mavrik could definitely bust, but I feel like that would look more like Sam Steel 2.0 where he's just kinda there but not actively harming the team.

The Oleksiak experience is also why the team isn't going to repeat the mistake of rushing the guy to the NHL . Oleksiak was brought up way too early and it was very detrimental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad