HF's top-10 horror films of all time: #3

Select up to 2 films

• Cat People (Tourneur, 1942)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • House of Wax (De Toth, 1953)

• Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Siegel, 1956)

• Aliens (Cameron, 1986)

• Se7en (Fincher, 1995)

• The Descent (Marshall, 2005)

• Let the Right One In (Alfredson, 2008)

• The Cabin In the Woods (Goddard, 2011)

• Hereditary (Aster, 2018)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
The Shining with an easy win for the second spot. This could end up a pretty interesting list.

Durieux_Shining_SM.jpg

HF's best horror films of all-time
1) Alien (Scott, 1979)
2) The Shining (Kubrick, 1980)
3)

Pick your #3!

A Nightmare On Elm Street was next in line for the 80s, Freddy Krueger enters the poll.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
NotLD
Exorcist
Halloween

That's how I'd have it.

And V, thanks for these polls they're fun. So don't take my personal criticism of the votes/voters with the guy who is doing the hard work. We all have our lists. Deliverence is my one for example...so anyway thanks mang.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Seriously. I've got to change my vote now because the last thing I would have thought was that the Shining would go 2nd.

I didn't think it through yet, but I'm pretty happy with The Shining at #2. It's probably top-2 for me, if not first overall.

NotLD
Exorcist
Halloween

That's how I'd have it.

And V, thanks for these polls they're fun. So don't take my personal criticism of the votes/voters with the guy who is doing the hard work. We all have our lists. Deliverence is my one for example...so anyway thanks mang.

No worry. I am conscious my tastes have nothing to do with the consensus and never expected these polls to go my way - I was more than often alone with my picks on the decades polls (where a lot of the picks were disappointing to me, but this top-3 of all time makes a lot of sense to me as of now, even if I wouldn't have Alien in my personal top-10).

Reactions: Legionnaire

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Duuuuuuude cone on What is scary is realistic.

Cannibal Holocaust has a very troubling relation to reality, Green Inferno is a pastiche of a past genre that didn't really need revival - its referent isn't the real, it's a set of (mostly italian) films.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
John Carpenters The Thing should be the hands down dinner from this list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad