HF's Team Board Mock Draft

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I honestly think we should try to move down a few spots if the draft goes that way.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I honestly think we should try to move down a few spots if the draft goes that way.

It's definitely something worth exploring but as mentionned by WTK, Juolevi could play for us this season. Which would make Emelin tradeable and give us even more cap for a top FA.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
It's definitely something worth exploring but as mentionned by WTK, Juolevi could play for us this season. Which would make Emelin tradeable and give us even more cap for a top FA.

I guess it depends on how you feel about Juolevi. Personally, I'm not huge on him... He sounds a bit too vanilla to me. If we move back around 12th, we can still nab one of Keller, Jost or Sergachev. And we probably add another high 2nd rounder on top of it.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I dunno, I'm just leery picking any defenseman at this point in the draft. It feels like a lot of the D ranked around or just outside the top 10 look great before their draft year but ultimately end up underwhelming.

I like Juolevi but if he turns into a Dmitry Kulikov...Kulikov is a fine defenseman and all but wouldn't be great value for a #9 pick.

I feel like picking a forward is going with the safer bet with the better likelihood of hitting his ceiling. And gets you somebody who, generally speaking, can play in your lineup sooner.

Whatever we do, we can't afford to screw this pick up, that's for sure.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I guess it depends on how you feel about Juolevi. Personally, I'm not huge on him... He sounds a bit too vanilla to me. If we move back around 12th, we can still nab one of Keller, Jost or Sergachev. And we probably add another high 2nd rounder on top of it.

Juolevi, if he pans out, is the perfect compliment to a guy like Subban and is a good successor to Markov. He's not a big shooter, but he's got great vision, great passer, handles the puck well, smart defensively, active defensively, good positioning, great stick.

You can put him next to Subban and not worry about a thing.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Juolevi, if he pans out, is the perfect compliment to a guy like Subban and is a good successor to Markov. He's not a big shooter, but he's got great vision, great passer, handles the puck well, smart defensively, active defensively, good positioning, great stick.

You can put him next to Subban and not worry about a thing.

We should not spend the pick on a passenger. I want somebody that can have the same impact as Subban, not blend with him on his pairing. I agree with Lebowski on Juolevi. We have three gaping holes on the second line. We better draft a center at 9th, as we are unlikely to have a better chance to get one in the next few years. I don't see how we can't pass on Keller. I am not a big fan of Brown (size is so overrated on this board), but I would pick him before Juolevi. I also prefer Sergachev and Chychrun to Juolevi

Here's my ranking at 9th

1. Keller
2. Nylander
3. Brown
4. Chychrun
5. Sergachev
6. Juolevi
7. Jost

Last edited:

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal

Yeah, I start to feel this scenario. I check the result of the previous turns and Jost didnt received a single vote :huh:... Our fan base seems higher on him than the others ones. Also, Avs fans realy not on BPA if Kellers there apparently.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I dunno, I'm just leery picking any defenseman at this point in the draft. It feels like a lot of the D ranked around or just outside the top 10 look great before their draft year but ultimately end up underwhelming.

I like Juolevi but if he turns into a Dmitry Kulikov...Kulikov is a fine defenseman and all but wouldn't be great value for a #9 pick.

I feel like picking a forward is going with the safer bet with the better likelihood of hitting his ceiling. And gets you somebody who, generally speaking, can play in your lineup sooner.

Whatever we do, we can't afford to screw this pick up, that's for sure.

There were some pretty good ones drafted in that area recently: Brodin, Fowler, Maatta, Trouba, Dumba, Ellis, Ristolainen, Ceci.

Players who are looking good but it's too early to tell: Zadorov, Provorov, Morrissey.

If they feel the D is the best player, then they should go for it in my book.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
There were some pretty good ones drafted in that area recently: Brodin, Fowler, Maatta, Trouba, Dumba, Ellis, Ristolainen, Ceci.

Players who are looking good but it's too early to tell: Zadorov, Provorov, Morrissey.

If they feel the D is the best player, then they should go for it in my book.

How many of those guys are impact players? Some of them are fine defensemen, some of them have warts...I'm hoping for more with the 9th overall personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad