HF's Team Board Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Hey everybody. There's always variations of these every year on this site. The idea is to try to reach a consensus for who each team might pick would the fans of that team be in control.

This does not take into account any previous polls before it. Only the results of this poll will affect the numbers going forward.

Here's the results of the one I set up two seasons ago http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1697411

There's just over a month left until the draft, so there will be 24 hours for each pick. Obviously, we're only looking for the fans of each team to vote on their pick. This also assumes no trades will be made between picks.

Flames fans, you have the sixth overall pick!

The Canucks poll is still open but it doesn't seem at all possible anyone will catch Tkatchuk, so in the interest of moving this forward, let's continue. I will update the winning percentage at the end of the poll

1. :leafs C Auston Matthews 98%

2. :jets RW Patrik Laine 98%

3. :cbj RW Jesse Puljujarvi 95%

4. :edmonton C/LW PierreLuc Dubois 47%

5. :nucks LW Matthew Tkachuk

6. :flames ?

7. :coyotes

8. :sabres

9. :habs

10. :avs

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Will end up Nylander but should be Keller.

If the draft does end up like this, could see the Flame taking Brown or a defencemen instead.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I'll take Nylander all day here right handed shot with the skill to out pace the 2 guys before him. Born in Calgary could make signing easier as well and it's a good story with his father.

LetsGoFlames

Drop the puck!
Dec 18, 2011
Weyburn, Sk
I went with Chychrun, though I know Nylander will win this poll, and could very well be the guy we pick. (And if Nylander is our pick, I'm certainly not going to cry about it. lol)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I went with Olli Juolevi. I just don't have a great feeling about Nylander, personally, but we'll see what happens.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I feel the league is getting to a place where small skilled players can excel. Kane, Gaudreau, Gallagher, Johnson, and while 6'0" isn't small, 170lbs is, but Nylander is super talented, so I don't think it'll be a bad thing having another "small" skilled forward on board. Can put him on a line with Bennett so it's not 3 softies on the top line.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Would rather Brown, Keller, or Chychrun than Nylander. Just don't see his skillset translating to the NHL as well as the others. Baertschi 2.0

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Would rather Brown, Keller, or Chychrun than Nylander. Just don't see his skillset translating to the NHL as well as the others. Baertschi 2.0

Thankfully I think Flames Scouts are probably quite aware of that potential and after being burned recently will factor that into their assessment if they think it is a problem.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Nylander has a better shot at 18 than Baertschi does at 23. His offensive game is also a lot more dynamic than Baertschi's (even if Sven put up a much higher ppg average) in my opinion.

Even though the Flames don't put much stock into it (they'd rather draft d, then center, then wing), his right hand shot is desperately needed for a Flames team that has no right handed shots.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Nylander.

Anyone that didn't pick him should check themselves in the penalty box and feel shame, for longer than 2 minutes.

Nylander and Keller will both be better scorers in the NHL than Dubois and Tkachuk.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Went with Bean, just to be different. I like Nylander too, but Bean is a hell of a player. So good offensively, and not a liability at all in his own end.

That being said, it is the Dub, NHL is a different animal. The safest bet at #6 is Nylander.

If we could somehow acquire another pick and get Nylander and Bean, I think I might need to wear my older underwear on draft day. Wouldn't want to ruin a good pair!

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I disagree with the assessment of Bean being good defensively. Average from the games I saw live myself. Not a negative per say, but only being average defensively in junior makes me worry a tad for NHL potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad