HF's Team Board Mock Draft

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Hey everybody. There's always variations of these every year on this site. The idea is to try to reach a consensus for who each team might pick would the fans of that team be in control.

We had one going about a month ago but unfortunately the user stopped polling teams. Rather than continuing his, I'm starting another mock draft, going team to team. Opinions may have changed from then till now anyway.

We have roughly 1 week left until the draft, which means there will only be 24 hours to select each player. Obviously, we're only looking for the fans of each team to vote on their pick.

Bruins fans, you have the 25th overall pick

1. Florida Panthers D Aaron Ekblad 85.71%

2. Buffalo Sabres C Sam Reinhart 56.32%

3. Edmonton Oilers C Sam Bennett 63.06%

4. Calgary Flames C Leon Draisaitl 71.05%

5. New York Islanders C/LW Michael Dal Colle 68.83%

6. Vancouver Canucks LW Nikolaj Ehlers Auto'ed

7. :canes RW Nick Ritchie 52.94%
8. :leafs C/LW William Nylander 68.46%
9. :jets C/LW Jake Virtanen 35.09%
10. :ducks2 LW Kasperi Kapanen 21.74%
11. :nashville LW Brendan Perlini 32.35%
12. :coyotes C/LW Robby Fabbri 50%
13. :caps D Haydn Fleury 75.68%
14. :stars RW Kevin Fiala 63.64%
15. :wings C Jared McCann 22.06%
16. :cbj LW Nikita Scherbak 38.24%
17. :flyers LW Sonny Milano 68.06%
18. :wild C/RW Alex Tuch 32.50%
19. :bolts C/LW Ivan Barbashev 78.05
20. :sharks RW Josh Ho-Sang 35.71%
21. :blues C/RW Nick Schmaltz 42.86%
22. :pens LW/RW David Pastrnak 25.93% then 53.23%
23. :avs C Connor Bleackley 34.09%
24. :ducks2 C/LW Adrian Kempe 40.00%
25. :bruins ???
26. :habs
27. :hawks
28. :bolts
29. :kings
30. :devils

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Goldobin is my choice. Like to see more offence in this organization. Hoping Ho-Sang and/or Scherbak is available, though, at the Bruins selection.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
At the 25th pick, the most surprising thing to me/unrealistic thing is there have only been two defencemen selected so far. 23 forwards

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Really hoping Josh Ho-Sang falls to the Bruins and they nab him at #25, has outstanding speed and some pretty amazing hands just the kind of player they need. Would also not mind Vrana or Bleacley, but Ho-Sang is my first choice at our pick.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
At the 25th pick, the most surprising thing to me/unrealistic thing is there have only been two defencemen selected so far. 23 forwards

It seems to be a very weak draft for Defense. Pettersson is pretty interesting as a high end project, but honestly I can't pull the trigger on Pettersson at this point, but I wouldn't be upset if the Bruins did.

So that leaves me looking at 3 options.
Anton Karlsson, lot to love here, but questions on his offensive ceiling
Jacob Vrana, lots of offensive ceiling, questions on the rest of his game
Dylan Larkin, lots to love about everything this kid brings.

Honestly there is no way Larkin is there when the Bruins pick, and if he were somehow there, they should sprint to the podium with the pick.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Marcus Pettersson, round one, to solidify future defence core post Chara-Seidenberg. Attempt trade up in second round if Ho-Sang still on board.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
I went with Goldobin, mostly because I'm not really as knowledgeable about this draft class as I have been in years past. I've read that Goldobin has a high offensive upside, and we could use a lot more depth at right wing.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Our first two picks should be a RW and a defensemen. Do we really have anybody we can call up that can take over for a couple of weeks other than Trotman?

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I voted for Quenneville but probably could have gone with Goldobin.

DoubleAAAA had posted this to the Draft Thread.
(link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=722269) :

"I would compare Quenneville to a David Perron (Edmonton Oilers) or Jason Pominville (Minnesota Wild); an offensive-minded player with the speed, skills and finishing touch," Marr said. "As he continues to physically mature and gain more experience, he can be that consistent specialty player that helps on the power play."

Scouts like the fact Quenneville has good hands, a hard shot and tremendous motor.

"Quenneville can play center or wing, but I think he's a much more effective player on the wing," MacDonald said. "Injuries slowed him down through the season but he came back strong in the end and had a tremendous finish and exceptional playoff.

"He turned into a leader for his team and is more a natural talent than Hawryluk, who is more of a take-charge player."

Quenneville had nine goals, 21 points and a plus-13 rating in the final 22 regular-season games, then had five goals, 13 points and a plus-4 rating in nine playoff games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad