HF's Team Board Mock Draft

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Milano-Cookies-Coupon.jpg

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Went with Larkin. I know we currently need skill on the wing, but you can never have too many two-way forwards who can play both center and wing.

Same here. Do not want Milano a little bit. You will need chemo and radiation to get rid of him. I think Larkin could step right in and play!

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
for the polls here

i have not voted milano once, and i am still not going to.

i went perlini for another mock and larkin for this one.
and its obvious with almost 70%, milano for this mock.

last year i knew morin and hagg. this year is a funny draft year.
i am either going to be way off by not showing love to milano, or i am going to be closer to the flyers scouting department than the 70% that did pick milano.

luckily for the organization i am not going to pick my guy, and yall will not be making the pick either. that falls into the hands of a very good scouting department and gm for the flyers. milano or not i fully trust our scouts-management and will be very happy with the pick.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
If Milano is supposedly this Patrick Kane/ Tyler Seguin lite player, wouldn't he be ranked much higher in such a draft that is considered ''weak''?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If Milano is supposedly this Patrick Kane/ Tyler Seguin lite player, wouldn't he be ranked much higher in such a draft that is considered ''weak''?

He's a hit or miss type of player. He may very well be off the board at #17. I wouldn't be too shocked if someone nabs him inside the top 10 to be honest.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

High risk high reward. He'll either turn out very well or be nearly useless because his offense is pretty much his only attribute.

Kinda like Giroux, if his offense hadn't translated to the NHL he'd probably still be in the AHL. Sometimes you gotta take a risk for it to pay off, imagine if we hadn't have picked Giroux...

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

This draft is not nearly as weak as people are saying. There is no can't miss prospect in the top five, but there is plenty of talent to be had after that. Lots of players (like Milano) have very high ceilings but just have question marks that have their stocks lowered.

I think there will be a franchise player to be had outside the top 10 this year (like Giroux or Karlsson). Who that player is, I don't know, but if one of those guys erases the question mark surrounding him, then you have a steal on your hands.

That's why I'm not excited by a safer pick like Tuch or Larkin and would rather role the dice with a Milano, Fiala, Vrana, or Fabbri type player. EDIT: Barbashev is a happy medium between safe and high upside, too. None are bad options, though, and I'll be okay no matter who we pick.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
i have not voted milano once, and i am still not going to.

i went perlini for another mock and larkin for this one.
and its obvious with almost 70%, milano for this mock.

last year i knew morin and hagg. this year is a funny draft year.
i am either going to be way off by not showing love to milano, or i am going to be closer to the flyers scouting department than the 70% that did pick milano.

luckily for the organization i am not going to pick my guy, and yall will not be making the pick either. that falls into the hands of a very good scouting department and gm for the flyers. milano or not i fully trust our scouts-management and will be very happy with the pick.

Haha someone really isnt likeing how Milano is getting most of the love huh ;).

Anywayyy went Milano also. Two-way players are cool but the biggest need for this team is a skilled winger, not another two-way center.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The more I see of these mock drafts out there, the more I want to move back in the draft. There are a bevy of guys that are all right around the same area in terms of value. You can move back I think 5 spots (maybe even more depending on how things shake out) and still wind up with a player that you are very happy with, plus the additional pick(s).

Obviously this fan mock draft is likely going to be way off, and there are always surprises where a guy or two comes out of nowhere and gets picked, or a top ten guy plummets, or both, but essentially between 20-25 you are looking like at potentially a guy like Milano, Tuch, Honka, Pastrnak, Ho-Sang, Kempe, DeAngelo, McKeown, and more. Basically, the same guys you are looking at at 17, all of whom I think are pretty close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad