HF's Team Board Mock Draft

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Hey everybody. There's always variations of these every year on this site. The idea is to try to reach a consensus for who each team might pick would the fans of that team be in control.

We had one going about a month ago but unfortunately the user stopped polling teams. Rather than continuing his, I'm starting another mock draft, going team to team. Opinions may have changed from then till now anyway.

We have roughly 15 days left until the draft, which means there will only be 24 hours to select each player. Obviously, we're only looking for the fans of each team to vote on their pick.

Flyers fans, you have the 17th overall pick

1. :panthers D Aaron Ekblad 85.71%
2. :sabres C Sam Reinhart 56.32%
3. :edmonton C Sam Bennett 63.06%
4. :flames C Leon Draisaitl 71.05%
5. :isles C/LW Michael Dal Colle 68.83%
6. :nucks LW Nikolaj Ehlers Auto'ed
7. :canes RW Nick Ritchie 52.94%
8. :leafs C/LW William Nylander 68.46%
9. :jets C/LW Jake Virtanen 35.09%
10. :ducks2 LW Kasperi Kapanen 21.74%
11. :nashville LW Brendan Perlini 32.35%
12. :coyotes C/LW Robby Fabbri 50%
13. :caps D Haydn Fleury 75.68%
14. :stars RW Kevin Fiala 63.64%
15. :wings C Jared McCann 22.06%
16. :cbj LW Nikita Scherbak 38.24%
17. :flyers ???
18. :wild
19. :bolts
20. :sharks

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Went with Larkin. I know we currently need skill on the wing, but you can never have too many two-way forwards who can play both center and wing.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Wow, so close to Fleury I would love for them to move up and get him.

Otherwise, Milano or Tuch.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
There's a pretty strong Milano consensus here. I think most of us would take Milano over everyone except the big 8 + Virtanen (and maybe Fleury).

I find it pretty interesting how different fan bases are partial to different players. Like why do Stars fans have solid consensus for Fiala while Flyers fans have the same but for Milano? Seems odd when you're talking about players who project to offer more or less the same things.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
There's a pretty strong Milano consensus here. I think most of us would take Milano over everyone except the big 8 + Virtanen (and maybe Fleury).

I find it pretty interesting how different fan bases are partial to different players. Like why do Stars fans have solid consensus for Fiala while Flyers fans have the same but for Milano? Seems odd when you're talking about players who project to offer more or less the same things.

I think it comes down to what we have/think we have in the system more or less. There's nobody like Milano on this team or in the pipeline. He also has a real high ceiling - it's easy to think he could be playing with Giroux a few years down the line...

I still voted for Sanheim though. I just like his potential, and with the way defenders are these days, I don't think you can have too many. But what do I know! I haven't watched either player play an actual game - just basing everything off of YouTube vids.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
I think it comes down to what we have/think we have in the system more or less. There's nobody like Milano on this team or in the pipeline. He also has a real high ceiling - it's easy to think he could be playing with Giroux a few years down the line...

Pretty much this, I think. As I have said elsewhere, I fell in love with what I saw in Milano a few months ago and I have no problem admitting that I am sure that our lack of offensive forwards, particularly guys that can create opportunities, both on the team and in the system certainly shaded my thinking.

That said, if I felt like another player (including a center) was the clearcut BPA, I'd still take that guy. I just don't think that's the case with this array of players.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
I think we can end this poll early. It's pretty clear who we want. Thanks to the OP for doing this. It is a very interesting exercise on what fan bases think.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Voted Larkin

Just like his versatility, can play center and wing. Good 2 way player.is a guy that will wear a letter on his jersey. The guy is passionate about hockey, loves to learn.

Sound similar to Scott Laughton. Well guys like lark and Laughton are the get their hands dirty guys that win you championships. 40 years is long way to long for us flyers.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Looking at previous selection threads is pretty interesting. As high as pick 10, you see players like Tuch, Milano, Fiala, and others all talked about in the same breath. Picks 10-20 could go a lot of different directions.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
I think we can end this poll early. It's pretty clear who we want. Thanks to the OP for doing this. It is a very interesting exercise on what fan bases think.

That's what we'll do. Thanks for the kind words and everybody's participation.

Continue voting, if you haven't. It'll leave a more accurate consensus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad