HF's Team Board Mock Draft

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Hey everybody. There's always variations of these every year on this site. The idea is to try to reach a consensus for who each team might pick would the fans of that team be in control.

We had one going about a month ago but unfortunately the user stopped polling teams. Rather than continuing his, I'm starting another mock draft, going team to team. Opinions may have changed from then till now anyway.

We have roughly 20 days left until the draft, which means there will only be 24 hours to select each player. Obviously, we're only looking for the fans of each team to vote on their pick.

Arizona fans, you have the 12th overall draft pick

1. :panthers D Aaron Ekblad 85.71%
2. :sabres C Sam Reinhart 56.32%
3. :edmonton C Sam Bennett 63.06%
4. :flames C Leon Draisaitl 71.05%
5. :isles C/LW Michael Dal Colle 68.83%
6. :nucks LW Nikolaj Ehlers Auto'ed
7. :canes RW Nick Ritchie 52.94%
8. :leafs C/LW William Nylander 68.46%
9. :jets C/LW Jake Virtanen 35.09%
10. :ducks2 LW Kasperi Kapanen 21.74%
11. :nashville LW Brendan Perlini 32.35%
12. :coyotes ???
13. :caps
14. :stars
15. :wings
16. :cbj
17. :flyers
18. :wild
19. :bolts
20. :sharks

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How the hell does a team board get "auto'd"? Nobody voted? Among the leagues top five most popular teams? What happened in the Vancouver poll?

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
If this is how the draft went, I'd take Fabbri. Although its really hard passing up Barbashev.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If this is how the draft went, I'd take Fabbri. Although its really hard passing up Barbashev.

I know what you mean. If Barbashev wasn't a Russian I would have picked him, but I went with Fabbri as well.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If the Coyotes trade down, I hope that it's for an extra second rounder next year. I've read that next years draft will be the deepest in years.

rt

May 13, 2004
Goals per game; including post season:

1 Robby Fabbri .77
2 Nikolaj Ehlers .76
3 Sam Bennett .64
4 Nick Ritchie 0.61
5 Jake Virtanen .60
6 Michael DalColle .59
7 Sam Reinhart .58
8 Leon Draisaitl .57
9 Nik Goldobin .57
10 Ivan Barbashev .54
11 Nikita Scherbak .48
12 Brenden Perlini .47
13 Josh Ho-Sang .46
14 Connor Bleackley .40
15 Jared McCann .40

I think someone has set himself apart. :)

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Goals per game; including post season:

1 Robby Fabbri .77
2 Nikolaj Ehlers .76
3 Sam Bennett .64
4 Nick Ritchie 0.61
5 Jake Virtanen .60
6 Michael DalColle .59
7 Sam Reinhart .58
8 Leon Draisaitl .57
9 Nik Goldobin .57
10 Ivan Barbashev .54
11 Nikita Scherbak .48
12 Brenden Perlini .47
13 Josh Ho-Sang .46
14 Connor Bleackley .40
15 Jared McCann .40

I think someone has set himself apart. :)

Your right if we were talking about goal scoring, but you add in all the other factors, it's a different story.

rt

May 13, 2004
Your right if we were talking about goal scoring, but you add in all the other factors, it's a different story.

He plays on the PK, is decent defensively for his age and skill level, and he's commonly said to have the best motor/hustle in the draft. He's an A+ skater, too. The only negative thing I've ever heard about this player is that he's not one inch taller. So what other factors are we adding in?

Unlike McCann, most of his goals aren't scored from 30ft out. He scores pro style goals. He's got a good shot selection and picks corners with regularity. He's equally happy to carry the puck into scoring position as he is to set up there and wait. That's the hockey sense you don't see displayed by Virtanen, who doesn't se to have a clue what to do with himself when the puck is not on his stick. He's got that relentless Sam Bennett hustle that is so often said to be missing from Nick Ritchie's game. Ritchie is frequently cited as having all of the tools (elite size, strength, skating and shot) and is dominant when he feels like it and invisible when he feels like it. Fabbri is not big. But he is strong. I saw him get crushed several times and hop right up. I also saw several larger kids bounce right off of a reverse check. I saw him and Samuelsson go into a corner and little Fabbri come out with the puck.

It'd be nice if he was taller like Bennett, more elusive like Ehlers, or thicker like Domi. If he were, he'd be going 4th or 5th overall with no question. So if we are able to pick him up at 12, I will be very grateful that he's not those things yet.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Fabbri is more or less a slightly smaller version of Sam Bennett. If he were an inch taller he'd probably be in Top 5 contention along with Bennett.

I'll be pretty easy to please this year at 12 with any one of Kapanen, McCann, Barbashev, Fiala, or any potential fallers, but Fabbri definitely would be my preferred choice after seeing him in the Memorial Cup.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He plays on the PK, is decent defensively for his age and skill level, and he's commonly said to have the best motor/hustle in the draft. He's an A+ skater, too. The only negative thing I've ever heard about this player is that he's not one inch taller. So what other factors are we adding in?

Unlike McCann, most of his goals aren't scored from 30ft out. He scores pro style goals. He's got a good shot selection and picks corners with regularity. He's equally happy to carry the puck into scoring position as he is to set up there and wait. That's the hockey sense you don't see displayed by Virtanen, who doesn't se to have a clue what to do with himself when the puck is not on his stick. He's got that relentless Sam Bennett hustle that is so often said to be missing from Nick Ritchie's game. Ritchie is frequently cited as having all of the tools (elite size, strength, skating and shot) and is dominant when he feels like it and invisible when he feels like it. Fabbri is not big. But he is strong. I saw him get crushed several times and hop right up. I also saw several larger kids bounce right off of a reverse check. I saw him and Samuelsson go into a corner and little Fabbri come out with the puck.

It'd be nice if he was taller like Bennett, more elusive like Ehlers, or thicker like Domi. If he were, he'd be going 4th or 5th overall with no question. So if we are able to pick him up at 12, I will be very grateful that he's not those things yet.

I did a little more research on him, and yeah, I now agree with you. He would be fantastic pick at 12.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad