2. Andreas Athanasiou - 63.04%
3. Evgeny Svechnikov - 77.05%
4. Xavier Ouellet - 69.70%
5. Vili Saarijarvi - 52.00%
6. Axel Holmstrom - 40.48%
7. Tyler Bertuzzi - 32.08%

latest

crop_1151489_27_1414701429.jpeg

Closest one yet, and with the smallest margin of victory.

I expect this one to be between Russo and Hicketts.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Frk has 20 pts in his last 17 games. Big shot. Solid frame. Plays physical. Has improved his skating quite a bit.

Someone tell me why he shouldn't be the pick here.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Frk has 20 pts in his last 17 games. Big shot. Solid frame. Plays physical. Has improved his skating quite a bit.

Someone tell me why he shouldn't be the pick here.

He's 22 and this is his first good season in the AHL. He may never make it to the NHL.

I like Turgeon. He's captain of the winterhawks, he's putting up a good season, he had a great camp, the organization saw him as a first round talent, and he looks like he could be a middle 6 center. Next year he'll get to play with Svechnikov in Grand Rapids, it'll be nice.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Went with Nosek. No one left has a high enough ceiling to trump his NHL readiness in my opinion.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He's 22 and this is his first good season in the AHL. He may never make it to the NHL.

I like Turgeon. He's captain of the winterhawks, he's putting up a good season, he had a great camp, the organization saw him as a first round talent, and he looks like he could be a middle 6 center. Next year he'll get to play with Svechnikov in Grand Rapids, it'll be nice.

Way better shot of making it than Hicketts, who I see getting more votes.

Unless he completely reverts to being a scratch or unproductive, I like his odds of making it pretty good. Plays the type of game where he can slot on any line.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Holmstrom should be way lower. He's a playoff performer it seems but not much else

Russo should be ahead of him and more prospects should as well imo. Voted Russo I think he should be on this list already

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Way better shot of making it than Hicketts, who I see getting more votes.

Unless he completely reverts to being a scratch or unproductive, I like his odds of making it pretty good. Plays the type of game where he can slot on any line.

Yeah, I'm not sold on Hicketts either.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Voted for Turgeon as he seems to be a decent bet to make it as a PK and faceoff ace, at least. Everybody else either has more question marks or an equal or lesser ceiling.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Going with Jensen for a while now probably. Elite skater with solid positioning, really wish he would get a chance. I still have a hard time believing he won't play in the league. It might not be for us but he should get there.

Was really between five guys for me at this point. Jensen, Nosek, Sproul, Frk and Russo. Feel like Turgeon is a bit below them right now in my mind though no issue with him being included in that grouping.

Tough pick, but I think Jensen is NHL ready and his skating is just incredibly awesome, smart player on top of that. If he could just get better at clearing the crease he would already be here in my opinion.

I have Hicketts below De Haas.... Think Hicketts will be a dynamite player in Europe and a very solid AHL D-man, just cannot see that kid playing NHL hockey.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Jensen again. Who knows where the rest of the guys in that list end up, total crapshoot just about. Jensen meanwhile looks NHL ready.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Went with Russo. System feels quite a bit lighter than the past few years. Between our D prospects not living up to billing, and a host of guys getting promoted (and traded), Russo feels like a "well, he's not as bad as some of these other fellas..." kind of vote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad