Line Combos: HFPens Decides - 4th Line Center

Who do you want to center the 4th line?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Jankowski... I guess? I mean, we acquired him for that purpose and he is the most logical option out of the remaining choices. So, yeah, him.

giphy.gif

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Jankowski... I guess? I mean, we acquired him for that purpose and he is the most logical option out of the remaining choices. So, yeah, him.
“If you look what we did today, (Jared) McCann would be the left winger, Jankowski would be in the middle and Rodrigues on right wing,” Rutherford said in a conference call. “That gives us speed on the wings, that gives us the defensive center that we’re looking for.”

Penguins hope cheaper is better in signing Mark Jankowski as 3rd-line center | TribLIVE.com

He was signed here as a 3C, unfortunately. I do look forward to the Blueger fan boys losing their mind this year when Teddy is playing 6 mins a night while this clown plays 14 or so.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
“If you look what we did today, (Jared) McCann would be the left winger, Jankowski would be in the middle and Rodrigues on right wing,” Rutherford said in a conference call. “That gives us speed on the wings, that gives us the defensive center that we’re looking for.”

Penguins hope cheaper is better in signing Mark Jankowski as 3rd-line center | TribLIVE.com

He was signed here as a 3C, unfortunately. I do look forward to the Blueger fan boys losing their mind this year when Teddy is playing 6 mins a night while this clown plays 14 or so.

I’m willing to bet my avatar on that. You willing to?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Both should be seeing equal time, or thereabouts.
It's not like it is Bonino and TB here. Plus each game has its own cursor where each might have more minutes than the other dependant on how each game shakes out.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Right now, whichever of Blueger and Jankowski performs better will become 3C. I wouldn't put too much money on it definitely being or the other.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Right now, whichever of Blueger and Jankowski performs better will become 3C. I wouldn't put too much money on it definitely being or the other.

I’ll put money on Sullivan overplaying his defensive boy in defensive situations over a new comer every day of the week.

If Jankowski is succeeding I guarantee we see McCann’s ice time plummet not Teddy’s.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Agreed. Many people seem to think Blueger is a lock to play in that role. However, our own GM came out and said Jank will be the 3C.

I bet the third line will be McCann Jank and Tanev.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Agreed. Many people seem to think Blueger is a lock to play in that role. However, our own GM came out and said Jank will be the 3C.

I bet the third line will be McCann Jank and Tanev.

JR isn’t the coach. Jank does t have a contract that Sully would feel pressured to play him more. Sully clearly trusts Blueger so he’ll get more ice time to begin with anyway.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I’ll put money on Sullivan overplaying his defensive boy in defensive situations over a new comer every day of the week.

If Jankowski is succeeding I guarantee we see McCann’s ice time plummet not Teddy’s.

I know you would. But Sully's quite capable of changing his mind swiftly, and there's always injuries, and therefore I'm not.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It’s like JR watched Money Ball and now is trying to be Billy Bean. Fellas, find me the cheapest, fastest guys out there. I don’t care if they can’t actually play hockey.

speed + no skill = the cup

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The TOI stance is so strange with knowing certain factors.

1. Had there been a viable 3c last season, TB, never sees 15:40 of average TOI. And Sully was forced into the circumstance. If there are 2 viable options, TB, is playing 11/12 minutes a game at LW on the 4th line.

2. Sully trusts him? Like in giving him 4th line minutes towards the end of the season and playoffs? Them (JR & Sully), saying they don't want him playing that much against top players of other teams. Going out and getting a guy and talking him up as the 3c and taking some of those defensive minutes from him.

People squirming/dying on TOI and trust.... and ignoring everything else.

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad