McCann (94%)-Blueger (67%)-Tanev (59%)
hhh-iii-jjj
lll

Dumoulin (100%)-Letang
Matheson (56%)-Marino
Pettersson (97%)-Riikola (63%) [60% vote for this pairing]
Ceci/Ruhwedel [default]

Jarry-DeSmith

Poll #10 - Who do you want to center the 4th line?

Poll will be open for a few days, unless it is a blowout.

Despite @CrosbyMalkin complaining that not many people want a Pettersson-Riikola third pairing and that I'm doing this wrong, the majority voted for it. So tough shit.

In this poll, vote for the player you want centering the fourth line.

Some assumptions and rules:
  1. You are to vote for what you want to see -- not what you expect the coaches to do. This is for the opening day lineup. Yes, it'll change throughout the season.
  2. Crosby and Malkin are the top two centers.
  3. Jarry is the starter and DeSmith is the backup.
  4. ZAR will be on the IR to start the season. This means he will not be listed as an option in any of the polls.
  5. In the top 4, defenseman will not play on their "off" side.
  6. I will not be listing players for positions they have not played at the NHL level. For example, I will not be listing Tanev as an option for the third line center.
  7. Due to the amount of one-way contracts, I will not be including Poulin and POJ (or other prospects) as voting options. Feel free to write them in as a vote, though. [okay, I guess I lied about Poulin not being listed]
  8. A majority vote is not needed to win. But we may have runoff polls if I deem the numbers to be too close.
Let me know of questions or concerns.

Previous threads:

Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - 20/21 Version
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Jake Guentzel
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Third Line Center
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Marino's Partner
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Give Sid a RW
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Letang's Partner
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Zucker
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Rust
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - 3rd Line Wingers
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - 3rd Defense Pairing

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Idk I wanted a Pettersson-Riikola bottom pair, and I feel like that was a fairly common D pair to support. Even though I think Riikola is wildly overrated among Penguins fans, I do like him as a complement for Pettersson on the bottom pair. Not just "better than the alternatives", I actually like the complement on paper.

4C is Jankowski, easy. I don't really like that 3rd line, though.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I'm basing my remaining votes on what acronyms we can make once ZAR comes back and takes his rightful place on the fourth line.

So it's Jank and Lafferty for me, because who would want to play against the JARL line?

Reactions: Gurglesons and Peat

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I like the speed Rodrigues brings given that Jankowski is also bad and is a complete unknown here and is not that quick

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Jank. Should be decent on the 4th line. Not expecting more than that until I see otherwise. Playing in the central should help him (based on stats vs Central/Metro)

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Current lineup as per HFPens:

Zucker (100%)-Crosby-Kapanen (77%)
Guentzel (66%)-Malkin-Rust (97%)
McCann (94%)-Blueger (67%)-Tanev (59%)
hhh-iii-jjj
lll

Dumoulin (100%)-Letang
Matheson (56%)-Marino
Pettersson (97%)-Riikola (63%) [60% vote for this pairing]
Ceci/Ruhwedel [default]

NC7MBtp.gif

Janko but Im not happy.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Its gonna be Bonino at 3C and Blueger either 4C or moved to wing.

For example...

Zucker - Crosby - Poulin
Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
McCann - Bonino - Kapanen
Blueger/Jan- Jan/Blue- Tanev

Guerin didnt trade for UFA Bonino to Not trade him to Pitt during the year. You know its coming.

If Poulin can have an impact like Rust and Guentzel had during their first playoffs then he will be on line 1 with Sid.

Making the 3rd line much better with McCann and Kap as the wings being centered by a perfect playmaker in Bones.

The 4th line also much better with Jankowski on it instead of ZAR. Whether thats at Center or Wing theyll have to figure out. But if they want a shutdown 4th line that can score as well then Id love to see those 3 together. Jankowski has 3 years of experience playing with Tanev at Providence. Tanev and Blue were solid pair last year. Trade for Bonino for 3C(for ZAR and Riikola) ...We get our playoff Center and Guerin gets two players he loves.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
NC7MBtp.gif

Janko but Im not happy.

You will when he gets back to how he was his first two seasons. Last year was an anomaly. 3rd year in the league after two successful years and gets pushed down to 4C with less mins. The Galchenyuk treatment.

Hes out of Calgary now and if he can do what he did when he first started out(what was it...5 short handed goals his first season?) Then thats a very good 4C or 4W. Either way another solid PKer that is a threat to score. Someone more like Staal that we havent seen since...Staal. Who uses his reach to breakup passes and has the speed to score on an odd man rush. We can be more aggressive on the PK with Jankowski. Whether he is a great Center for us or not, I think hes at least one of our best PKers. Him with Kapanen at the same time, to go with Blueger and Tanev? However they choose to pair them up...thats a full 2 mins of great PKers.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
You will when he gets back to how he was his first two seasons. Last year was an anomaly. 3rd year in the league after two successful years and gets pushed down to 4C with less mins. The Galchenyuk treatment.

Hes out of Calgary now and if he can do what he did when he first started out(what was it...5 short handed goals his first season?) Then thats a very good 4C or 4W. Either way another solid PKer that is a threat to score. Someone more like Staal that we havent seen since...Staal. Who uses his reach to breakup passes and has the speed to score on an odd man rush. We can be more aggressive on the PK with Jankowski. Whether he is a great Center for us or not, I think hes at least one of our best PKers. Him with Kapanen at the same time, to go with Blueger and Tanev? However they choose to pair them up...thats a full 2 mins of great PKers.

Hey, I got a bridge to sell you that you should be interested in.

Janko will be the goat next season. Hes so soft and leaves you with wanting more every game. He has gotten progressively worse every season in the NHL. I used to be a big fan of his, I am no longer. Ive seen enough games of him live, hes replacement level talent. He will be far more Sutter than Staal like.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

Janko will be the goat next season. Hes so soft and leaves you with wanting more every game. He has gotten progressively worse every season in the NHL. I used to be a big fan of his, I am no longer. Ive seen enough games of him live, hes replacement level talent. He will be far more Sutter than Staal like.

Or do you think is he closer to Spaling than Sutter?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Or do you think is he closer to Spaling than Sutter?
He can get you short handed goals like Sutter, everything else is Spaling like. And the fact he will get you a shorty will having you hoping for more, which you wont see for 40+ games.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I’d take 24 year old Sutter at 700k

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad