Line Combos: HFPens Decides - 22/23 - ????-Malkin-Rust

Who do you want on the LW with Malkin & Rust?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't know what you guys are always complaining about. If you look at these numbers and charts they say that these guys are not just top six players but good ones. Your eyes and better judgement are total liars. Besides we can't afford another top six wing. We need to spend that money on the bottom six and another five goaltenders just in case.
Ackshully, dude, for the span of games from X to Y, Kapanen was on pace for... *trails off because a cloud reminded me of a heatmap*

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
No other team has that many good players. So they aren't allowed.

"But they can afford to..."

NOT ALLOWED
I think part of it is that people know full well that vets, particularly pricey ones like Zucker, aren't gonna be demoted or scratched in favor of a kid with one (1) NHL game to his name like Puustinen. Sully or not. :laugh: So they do mental gymnastics to convince themselves that these guys are actually pretty good and totally worth the price/roster spot.

I don't *really* care either way. I think Zucker, should he miraculously find a way to stay healthy (hey don't laugh, Letang figured it out after like a decade of injury woes) he'd be a solid and effective middle-6 winger. But it'd be cool to actually see some of the more NHL-ready dudes sink or swim early in the season before the hellacious Metro race gets to a point where no coach will risk even a single potentially bad game by a rookie.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
To be honest the name is just a homage to an announcer I have mixed emotions for, and cause I'm not that creative with naming conventions.

If DOC is who yinz think he is, throw him up there

I'm sure that was your conscious intent, but the subconscious or Freudian part of that was about proclaiming your love & belief in DOC.

And yeah, I'd love to see him get some opportunity to play L2 LW (absent a JT Miller trade). Only downside is it will make him more expensive to re-sign. So maybe give him half a year in the bottom 6, and then extend him for 1-2 years on a cheap deal before putting him on L2 :naughty:

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Didn't want to, but I voted Zucker. He's got wheels and some skill. Wouldn't be a terrible thing for this version of Geno to have two motors on his wings. For his sake, I hope the dude can stay healthy this season.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Ideally, as others have said, one of those WBS forwards prove they can play within the top 9 this year. Hopefully top 6.

Heck, maybe Poehling does it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Poll closes in less than 24 hours. Zucker in the lead. If he gets above 50% he'll be what is selected. If he's under 50% it'll depend how close the second place option is if we have a runoff poll.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Sorry for not including Caligula as an option. I know you're a fan.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I know it's not likely to happen, but kinda surprised no one wants to see DoC here. We really need to see if he's got an NHL scoring touch or not soon, this would be a good spot for him to prove it. And all of the other options aren't much better... especially Heinen.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I’d like to see DOC on the third LW or even as potentially 3C but we had to give stepdad a contract so he’d stick around this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad