OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Yes, but can it play Crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Coldest I have ever been in is -25 in banff for the weekend. When we were packing up I was 1 more step away from passing out, people said it was from snow blindness and I wasn't prepared to deal with the cold because I didn't bring clothes to deal with that cold and was freezing the entire weekend. I was like 14 or 15?
Banff was below -40C this week. Jasper got to -43C. Was nasty. With the windchill it was close to -60C

Merry Christmas you filthy animals.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Merry Christmas you filthy wankers, may you Yule your tides and frost your jacks. Or whatever the f*** any of you do.

I’m just trying to see how many bottles of scotch I can finish on my own before my wife tries to trick me into going to AA under the guise of another farmers market.

Yeah but you are already dead inside choosing to live in Calgary so you’re used to it.
Better Calgary than Vancouver!

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Boys first Christmas...
Hit toy for them... Squirrel!!!

GUEST_a48e609e-31ea-4364-a165-7174a743e535

Merry Christmas!!

VG2BhuF.gif

Attachments

• 20221225_090949.jpg
    20221225_090949.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221225_091735.jpg
    20221225_091735.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Glass Onion f***ing sucks. Rhian got the first one right. This one is the complete opposite.

He still thinks his Star Wars movie was the right tone. f***ing moron that muppet.

Even you don’t believe that.
It does exactly as you say. Terrible. Terrible terrible terrible picture. Absolutely nothing like the first.
As soon as I saw the N flash for scamflix I'd best've already known it would be a trash film.
One hour of propaganda and social commentary (before the murder (skipped forward to find out when))of streamers and rich people and who gives a hot damn about any of that in their 'escape time' relaxing down time.... not me.
Turned it off after 45 minutes and believe me... it was a 40 minutes past expiration... never even got to the murder mystery.

I'll stick to Columbo for my murder mystery.... thank you very much.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
:biglaugh:
I can hear that guys voice saying that through the image =P

Traffic, gives me a migraine just thinking about it. I lived in DC for a bunch of years and I know they have the worst traffic and rated top ten if not higher of worst traffic in the states... if any place is equal to or worse than that.... I feel your pain. I'll never live in a mass of humanity like that ever again =P

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
:biglaugh:
I can hear that guys voice saying that through the image =P

Traffic, gives me a migraine just thinking about it. I lived in DC for a bunch of years and I know they have the worst traffic and rated top ten if not higher of worst traffic in the states... if any place is equal to or worse than that.... I feel your pain. I'll never live in a mass of humanity like that ever again =P
My sister and I got off a ferry at horseshoe bay (right in the middle of Vancouver) within 5 minutes of each other. By the time I cleared Vancouver, she was over an hour behind me, going down the exact same highway. And there is a reason British Columbias nickname is “Bring Cash”

You literally couldn’t pay me to live there. Or Toronto, which is even worse. The only thing Vancouver has over calgary is the ocean. I’d take Banff over Whistler any day.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My sister and I got off a ferry at horseshoe bay (right in the middle of Vancouver) within 5 minutes of each other. By the time I cleared Vancouver, she was over an hour behind me, going down the exact same highway. And there is a reason British Columbias nickname is “Bring Cash”

You literally couldn’t pay me to live there. Or Toronto, which is even worse. The only thing Vancouver has over calgary is the ocean. I’d take Banff over Whistler any day.
Yeah. When I was younger I was all about it. Easing into (I suppose) middle-age... man... I couldn't be the exact opposite of what I was 20 years ago.
Cities .... I mean..... I got used to it and all living there, but I knew it wasn't in my future.
Not that I didn't love having an jet airplane 500 feet over my house coming in for a landing every 5 minutes and all...
Never again!
✈️

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
the new Mario and Rabbids game is really fun. I heard they changed the combat mechanics from the first and I was skeptical because the first was great, but this is really fun too.

I don't think I've ever been as pleasantly surprised by an awful looking premise as these two games :laugh:

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I loved 'em both.

If I ever win the lottery, I'm just gonna move to Venice. :laugh:
How did you like it? Like did you abandon all thought, reason, and just ate like a bunch of edibles while watching it?

My wife and I barely made it through the movie. Monae sucks as an actor and the rest of the cast was just wasted. Like I get they wanted to make Norton a douche and the outer banks actress a sleaze but smart about her career etc but it was just so on the nose and predictable. Like none of it felt like a shock. The first one was great. But this one was like a bad rip off. Also the magic that was Daniel Craig in the first was completely absent in this one.

The biggest mystery is how this movie is rated higher than 5.

Reactions: LOGiK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I was looking at goalie equipment prices in response to the thread on the main board about Team Canada's goaltending, and good god goalie equipment has gotten so expensive. Granted it was never cheap to begin with, but I understand entirely why fewer kids are playing goalie growing up. It is absolutely painful with some of the costs I'm seeing here.

My most recent goalie equipment I got was a CCM set for $1300 back in 2016. That equivalent set today costs $1600. Just on the blocker/glove/leg pads set, you're going to be spending $400 for a youth set, then jumping to a $700 junior set, then jumping to a $1200 intermediate set and finally jumping to a $1600 senior set. And that assumes nothing breaks and you don't get change sets at the same level. My stuff wasn't even top of the line either.

I mean, I don't want kids in general so that makes it super easy for me. But the cost of goalie equipment becoming asinine just makes me more confident I'd never let my kid play goalie in the future.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad