2) Darnell Nurse - D - Soo Greyhounds - OHL - 94.20%
3) Martin Marincin - D - Edmonton Oilers - NHL - 47.20%*
3) Oscar Klefbom - D - Oklahoma City Barons - AHL - 47.20%*
*Poll #3 was a tie

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Davidson and then Musil likely have had the most development.

Khaira and Yakimov are likely better prospects though. Yakimov with the slight edge IMO, as he has played against men in a pro league.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Khaira for me, with Yakimov tied at 5.B.

Khaira played well in his brief AHL stint, to the point where Nelson was giving him crucial second line defensive zone starts despite being so new to the pro game. I like his skill and his meanness.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Khaira for me as well. He's come a long way. Yak2 may have higher upside though after he learns the NA game.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Went with Gernat since he's my favourite of the players that played in the AHL last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Simpson, Khaira or Yakimov solidified their spot as the Oilers' indisputable best prospect drafted past the first round by this time next year but I'd like to see them play a full year in a North American pro league first.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
Went with Yakimov. What he did in an 18-19 year old season in the KHL was very impressive.

I can't vote Khaira yet, his lack of production in the WHL is very concerning to me.

I'll take the guy who has potential farther up the line up.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Really tough between Khaira, Moroz, Simpson and Yakimov..

Went with Simpson.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Khaira for me as well. He's come a long way. Yak2 may have higher upside though after he learns the NA game.
I'm glad that people like Khaira I'm very high on him as well and think he shows more then what his stat line would indicate and will probably leap frog some higher rated prospects, but still his stat line isn't great and he probably shouldn't be selected quite yet. Atleast not over players who have a higher pedigree and have shown more upto this point.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Wow nothing standing out. I haven't even watched them play but I'm drawn to Simpson for some reason. Guess I want some former Oiler connection good news. Would be great if he could eventually make an impact on the team.

We desperately need to strike it rich with one of our d-men to evolve into a dominant d-man.

Last edited:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I went with Yakumov based on what I've heard around here lately.

You guys are guilty of leading me the wrong way in terms of a players talent if he fails.

I also chose him because of his size and the role he would play on the team.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Went with Yakimov since he has great size and some skill to boot. Something our team has been missing for a very long time

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Damn the Oilers have stocked the cupboards nicely.. that top 4 of prospects is great to see.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Went with Gernat. He's super raw, but I think he has a potential NHL level of skill.

Not sure about Yakimov. We'll have to see how he does in the AHL. I don't think Khaira has NHL upside. Maybe can be a mediocre 4th line center.

I will say, that after the top 4 we've got up there I don't think a single prospect we have projects right now to be an actual NHLer. At this point I think we are going to need some guys to over perform what they have done so far. After Klefbom/Marincin everyone is a long shot.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Yak2 great numbers every where he goes. Beast against vet men. Smaller ice will help him more than hurt him, based on his style. Quick iq ahead of the play, hands and skills to execute what he wants, reach and strength to protect and retrieve.

Also ive been happy with his two way play in tourneys. He is willing when needed to sacrifice offense and shelter his wingers and assist as a third dman. Very smart and team oriented. He gets the big picture....of the ice and the team game.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I'm surprised to see that Pitlick has three votes.

Those voters must really value the fact that he is further along in his development. Which is a valid point but to put him ahead of the likes of Chase, Moroz, Khaira, Yakimov... Seems odd to me.

Also surprised how big Yak2's lead is. I thought before I started the poll it was between him Khaira Moroz and Chase but didn't think he would have such a resounding lead.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Again depends what we're selecting on here. Pitlick has played in the bigs so he's further along than most of these guys but I wouldn't say he's our #5 prospect.

I voted Yakimov on potential over Simpson, Khaira and Chase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad