Prospect Info: HFOilers Ranks: Top 20 Oilers Prospects #15

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Poll #14 Winner: With 51.09% of the Vote:

roy-q.jpg

Marc-Olivier Roy

Thanks to all who voted in poll fourteen.

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects
1) Leon Draisaitl - C - Prince Albert Raiders b- WHL - 56.44%
2) Darnell Nurse - D - Soo Greyhounds - OHL - 94.20%
3) Martin Marincin - D - Edmonton Oilers - NHL - 47.20%
3) Oscar Klefbom - D - Oklahoma City Barons - AHL - 47.20%*
5) Bogdan Yakimov - C - Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk - KHL - 47.33%
6) Jujhar Khaira - C - Everett Silvertips - WHL - 29.05%
7) Dillon Simpson - D - UND Fighting Sioux - NCAA - 32.67%
8) Greg Chase - RW - Calgary Hitmen - WHL - 37.90%
9) Mitchell Moroz - LW - Edmonton Oil Kings - WHL - 29.84%
10) Laurent Brossoit - G - Bakersfield Condors - ECHL - 32.08%
11) Martin Gernat - D - Oklahoma City Barons - AHL - 29.91
12) Tyler Pitlick - RW - Oklahoma City Barons - AHL - 31.48%
13) David Musil - D - Oklahoma City Barons - AHL - 30.97%
14) Marco Roy - LW - Blainville-Boisbriand Armada - QMJHL - 51.09%
*Poll #3 was a tie

On to Poll #15:

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Slepyshev. So climb the ranking with Roy next season. Low KHL point totals but one of the young KHL players in the league. great WJC too

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Where is the no longer matters option in this poll?

I went Davidson even tho he had an off year last year. He used to be considered a better prospect than Musil or Simpson or Gernat just one year removed.

Zharkov & Slepy have potential but both as not tracking well. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel from here on in.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Slepyshev for me. I still wonder if he'll want to come to NA, instead of staying to play in the KHL. Perhaps his buddy Yakimov can pry him here.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Now that Slepy finally is going to get in, my heart is saying Nagelvoort/Lagesson/Houck

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Where is the no longer matters option in this poll?

I went Davidson even tho he had an off year last year. He used to be considered a better prospect than Musil or Simpson or Gernat just one year removed.

Zharkov & Slepy have potential but both as not tracking well. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel from here on in.

Yeah, what happened to Zharkov? That's my issue with Slepyshev. I'm not prejudice against Russians but I beginning to doubt the value of the KHL as a developmental league. Young players seem to get bad assignments and limited minutes. Plus there's the difference in the ice size and other differences. Yakimov's decision to come over is huge.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm convinced that the top 14 guys will at least play a game in the NHL at some point in their career, but I don't see Slepyshev pulling that off.

Wouldn't be surprised if Zarkov or Davidson got a few games due to injury call up or a team wanting to tank for a season.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
I'm convinced that the top 14 guys will at least play a game in the NHL at some point in their career, but I don't see Slepyshev pulling that off.

Wouldn't be surprised if Zarkov or Davidson got a few games due to injury call up or a team wanting to tank for a season.

Zharkov is in the KHL.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
It shouldnt factor into the equation whether or not slepy will come over. Everyone wants to play in the best league. He will play. He should be in the top ten. Awesome wjc in a more developed 200 ft rover role. Ceiling far higher than others.

Look at all the guys that MIGHT top out as plugs that are ahead of him. Lol

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
It shouldnt factor into the equation whether or not slepy will come over. Everyone wants to play in the best league. He will play. He should be in the top ten. Awesome wjc in a more developed 200 ft rover role. Ceiling far higher than others.

Why shouldn't we take whether the player will even come to North America into account? Plenty of Euro draft picks never cross the Atlantic. And until they do, we should absolutely consider where they are playing when doing these rankings.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
If Slepyshev was coming over this year how much higher would he have been on some of your guys lists?

I started voting for him at 8...

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Travis Ewanyk and Brandon Davidson should be ahead of all these guys.

I don't see it. IMO Ewanyk will top out as a 4th line LW, Slepyshev has potential to be 2nd liner and even Pakarinen & Houck & Platzer has potentials to be 3rd line RW's. Lagesson is physical and defensively sound 2nd pairing defender. They have higher ceilings than Ewanyk, therefore they're better prospects in my eyes.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

This line of thinking is flawed. "Plugs" are better than skill guys who aren't good enough to crack the lineup. Nobody is denying his skill, but we've seen enough Omarks and that we should probably know that sometimes, a Mike Grier is better than a Rob Schremp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad