11) Martin Gernat - D - Oklahoma City Barons - AHL - 29.91
12) Tyler Pitlick - RW - Oklahoma City Barons - AHL - 31.48%
*Poll #3 was a tie

On to Poll #13:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Slepyshev left a big impression on me at the WJC. Impressive skillset.
If he ever comes over to this side of the pond, I could see him shooting up the prospect chart. I think he easily has more upside than any of the forward prospects outside of LD but there are obviously safer picks than him.

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
Been voting Marco Roy forever now. Surprised he dropped this low. The kid has solid potential if he gets back on track next year.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Meant to vote Roy

Slepyshev up next. Good WJC, underwhelming KHL season (one of leagues youngest players tho). Hopefully he gets more ice time and can develop next year. Wouldn't mind him coming over for 2 more years as this would allow the ELC to slide

Next is Musil

Then the rest I doubt will ever be NHLers. But the above 3 all have shots

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Been voting Marco Roy forever now. Surprised he dropped this low. The kid has solid potential if he gets back on track next year.

The thing is, he had 14 goals and 21 assists in 39 games this year. That's not that good. Compare that to Houck who had 34 goals, and 27 assists in 69 games while providing very good defense, hitting everything that moves, and even dropping the gloves. Roy has a lot to prove to me before I rank him over Houck (who still isn't picked)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I went with Musil.

At this point, I lean toward guys with hockey sense and, of the guys I've seen, Musil's seems to be the most evident.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
The thing is, he had 14 goals and 21 assists in 39 games this year. That's not that good. Compare that to Houck who had 34 goals, and 27 assists in 69 games while providing very good defense, hitting everything that moves, and even dropping the gloves. Roy has a lot to prove to me before I rank him over Houck (who still isn't picked)

Ahh yes, I remember you driving along the Houck bandwagon around prospect 12 or 13 onwards last year. I have hopes for him being a quality third/fourth line tweener one day (like Maxim Lapierre-level), but I didn't really think too much of him beyond what looked like a lot of effort from watching him play on the Giants. I've only seen him play about five times over the last couple seasons though, so maybe I just saw him on off days.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
Slepy then Musil for me.

If Slepy was in Canada he'd have alot more fanfare.

Hopefully we can get him to come over next year.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Ahh yes, I remember you driving along the Houck bandwagon around prospect 12 or 13 onwards last year. I have hopes for him being a quality third/fourth line tweener one day (like Maxim Lapierre-level), but I didn't really think too much of him beyond what looked like a lot of effort from watching him play on the Giants. I've only seen him play about five times over the last couple seasons though, so maybe I just saw him on off days.

The biggest thing about Houck is definitely his motor. He plays every shift flat out, and doesn't pass up any chance to lay a hit. He's not the most skilled guy left, but you can't score 34 goals without any talent. Imo, he's going to be a little more skilled Matt Hendricks (someone who scores 20-30 points each year, while logging tough minutes, and playing with lots of grit)

JustinCider

Dec 15, 2005
Earth
Me too, all while recognizing Slepyshev's significantly higher upside, but being concerned over his willingness to come over, and the fact that he looks like a "top six or bust" kind of prospect. Which for us, more often than not, turns into a bust it seems.

whether he comes over or not doesn't affect his talent/size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad