HFOil Mock Entry Draft 2020 | Draft Complete!

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

He's asking for good reason. We have people who say they're down for 7 rounds every year and inevitably 1 or 2 or 3 people miss picks repeatedly or disappear after the 3rd round.

So if you're good for 7 rounds that's awesome, just please try to be timely with your picks. If everybody's reasonably responsive with their picks we can usually complete the draft in a little over a month. While you might only make a pick on average once every 3 to 6 days depending on the number of picks you have its worth checking in a couple times per day as runs of picks can go pretty quickly, especially in the first few rounds.

Dakinjor

Nov 13, 2014
He's asking for good reason. We have people who say they're down for 7 rounds every year and inevitably 1 or 2 or 3 people miss picks repeatedly or disappear after the 3rd round.

So if you're good for 7 rounds that's awesome, just please try to be timely with your picks. If everybody's reasonably responsive with their picks we can usually complete the draft in a little over a month. While you might only make a pick on average once every 3 to 6 days depending on the number of picks you have its worth checking in a couple times per day as runs of picks can go pretty quickly, especially in the first few rounds.
Nah that’s understandable, I normally check in here a couple times a day anyways so it’s not a big deal for me but I understand the concern.

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
If I'm welcome I'd be happy to take

:flyers

I was part of the 2017 mock on here under the name sydion.

Reactions: McDoused

Dakinjor

Nov 13, 2014
Well with the penguins trading their first Today I would like to have some fun before the third round, would I be able to swap to vegas before we get started here?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
If I'm welcome I'd be happy to take

:flyers

I was part of the 2017 mock on here under the name sydion.

I'd like to fill with HFOil members as I hold this draft for our community here. But everyone's had a few days so that being said, welcome back.

Well with the penguins trading their first Today I would like to have some fun before the third round, would I be able to swap to vegas before we get started here?

Vegas it is.

Disappointing sign up. I guess 5 years was a pretty good run boys.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I'm willing to double up, and I also know quite a few reliable drafters from the main boards if we need to fill this up.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I don't think the posters I mentioned were notified, so I sent them a PM. Give it a day or two, others should sign up.

I can double up as well if needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDoused

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I still think a lot of people are taking a break. Give them some time to login and see the PM, we aren't in any rush.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Please continue to comb through the draft order and lemme know if I screwed up. For the purpose of this mock, we're assuming any time a team can defer a pick for their own use, they will. The Oilers/Flames 3rd rounder sitch with the 3rd round pick being a good example, we assume the Oilers defer to 2021.

In the same vein, if the team has a choice of giving up one of multiple picks they have in a round, they'll always defer to giving up the lesser pick.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
:blues:stars:caps:cbj all have 1st rounders, free to a good home.

It took only a day to fill last years Sign Up... :(

---

Fleshing out the only rule change/addition:

Draft Pick Trades: For the first time ever, the HFOil Mock Draft is allowing 2020 draft pick trades. No roster players or prospects can be dealt (unless drafted in the mock draft), strictly 2020 draft picks. You must retain atleast 3 picks (you cannot trade all your picks). One party announces the trade, the other party will confirm this trade is in fact agreed upon.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
:blues:stars:caps:cbj all have 1st rounders, free to a good home.

It took only a day to fill last years Sign Up... :(

---

Fleshing out the only rule change/addition:

Draft Pick Trades: For the first time ever, the HFOil Mock Draft is allowing 2020 draft pick trades. No roster players or prospects can be dealt (unless drafted in the mock draft), strictly 2020 draft picks. You must retain atleast 3 picks (you cannot trade all your picks). One party announces the trade, the other party will confirm this trade is in fact agreed upon.

I'm good to double up as well, so if you're saying we're good to take a second team now I would take Washington.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
That's not what I'm saying.

Okay I thought I'd check. Either way, I'm in for a second team if needed.

Also, I like the addition of trading picks. Should add an element of fun and having the opportunity to move up to grab players you like will be interesting to look back on down the road to see if you were a savvy GM...or not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad