Prospect Info: HFOIL 2020 Prospect Rankings (Poll #1)

Who is the Oilers best prospect?

• Dylan Holloway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raphael Lavoie

• Ryan McLeod

• Tyler Tullio

• Carter Savoie

• Kirill Maksimov

• Stuart Skinner

• Other (Who?)

• Total voters

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I know it's a hockey board. Everyone has their own opinions and are entitled to them.

But doing these polls right after a draft is always skewed towards Shiney new toy syndrome (myself included most times) that it's not really relevant.

We had 1 first and the rest 4th or worse. The simple truth is the only prospect from this draft that cracks our top 10 is Holloway and even he should be a ways from the top.

My list is:

Bouchard
Benson
Samorukov
Broberg
Lavoie
Laggesson
Holloway

McLeod
Marody
Berglund/Maxismov

I value prospects close to NHL graduation higher than just potential.
What?

Reactions: nabob and Smartguy

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
It's a toss-up between Broberg and Bouchard obviously, and it's anyone's guess who will be the more valuable defenseman for this team. That said, I'll take Broberg because of his superior skating. Bouchard is still a fantastic prospect and I expect great things from him.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Picked Bouchard. His offensive IQ and passing ability were better last year than any Dman the Oilers have dressed since...Whitney? I also think his game is well suited to the NHL

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Gotta go Bouchard. Just has more high end skills than Broberg. Broberg is super raw to me. I think with his skill set he has a high floor but I’m not sure I see as much potential.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Broberg with a small but moderately substantial lead.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Broberg, fairly easily. He projects to a 2D with possibility of a 1D if he pops on all his attributes. Bouchard next as a 3/4 D with strong offensive abilities but a slightly lesser upside.

Top 5
1. Broberg
2. Bouchard
3. Holloway
4. Samorukov
5. McCloud

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad