HFNHL Season - Status Update?

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
For the Oilers...

My trade with the Blues for Brad Stuart hasn't been put through yet, not sure where you stand with all the recent trades.

T.J. Oshie's ratings are incorrect as he's TJ Oshie in my roster. Oshie is still on my prospect list as well.

Sami Lepisto's ratings are incorrect as he's Sam Lepisto on my roster.

What's the requirements for a player being classified a rookie? Lepisto, Rome and Sestito were all on my Farm team last year but didn't play for the big club at all. Should they stay as rookies or no?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Michael Frolik missing from my roster.

Chris Bourque and Corey Potter can be removed from prospects list (signed to contract and already appear on roster).

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
What's the requirements for a player being classified a rookie? Lepisto, Rome and Sestito were all on my Farm team last year but didn't play for the big club at all. Should they stay as rookies or no?

It's in the rule book I believe, but I believe they are still rookies unless they've played a certain number of HFNHL games.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
It's in the rule book I believe, but I believe they are still rookies unless they've played a certain number of HFNHL games.

Do we know what happened to last years Team Scoring page? I went through History to try and see if any of them played games and it's a blank page with a September 13 2009 date stamp.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Do we know what happened to last years Team Scoring page? I went through History to try and see if any of them played games and it's a blank page with a September 13 2009 date stamp.

Yes I overwrote them, and haven't uploaded the backups yet but I'll try to do that asap as well.

radir

Jul 31, 2005
For Ottawa,

Both Mike VanRyn and Steve Valiquette are marked as rookies.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Hope this doesn't get lost in this thread but I've just started checking and for 4 of the first 7 players I looked at the age in the files are listed as 1 year younger than they really are.

Anyone think of a source or method we can do a mass update on ages since this would impact free agency if too many are showing as a year younger.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Hope this doesn't get lost in this thread but I've just started checking and for 4 of the first 7 players I looked at the age in the files are listed as 1 year younger than they really are.

Anyone think of a source or method we can do a mass update on ages since this would impact free agency if too many are showing as a year younger.

I was going to check my team for this as well, just haven't had the time to do so yet. What is the cutoff date for birthdays in a year?

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Olesz and Pommanville should be moved to prospect list as they are not signed by their respective teams. They are still open for RFA contract if anyone is interested in signing them.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Olesz and Pommanville should be moved to prospect list as they are not signed by their respective teams. They are still open for RFA contract if anyone is interested in signing them.

I think I've updated everything in this list and in my email account. Also uploaded lines files and made those position changes. The only major task left is to update the draft picks.

Please let me know if you find anything else.

M

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Nathan Oystrick has ratings (line 653 on the excel sheet) but is rated 50's in the sim and listed as Nate Oystrick

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Appreciate all the hard work, Matthew. How'd things go in Calgary?

For the Jackets, Semyon Varlamov has been signed -- I'm guessing he's not showing because of his name change (although who could blame him?). Draft picks also still need to be reconciled, but you knew that.

EDIT: Once Varlamov is added to my roster, then he, Mitchell, Pacioretty and Kulemin will all need to be removed from my prospects list.

Last edited:

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
I was going to check my team for this as well, just haven't had the time to do so yet. What is the cutoff date for birthdays in a year?

September 15th - we use the same birthdate considerations as those for the draft to keep it consistent.

That said I hope we do a mass update instead of leaving it to GM's to self identify.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Appreciate all the hard work, Matthew. How'd things go in Calgary?

Calgary was good. In Vancouver airport in transit to Victoria for a few days. Leash is shooting our final few episodes of the season out there. Looking forward to getting back to the warm weather in LA though.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Calgary was good. In Vancouver airport in transit to Victoria for a few days. Leash is shooting our final few episodes of the season out there. Looking forward to getting back to the warm weather in LA though.

Not a pretty day to be in Vancouver at all, pretty miserable out here today.

I think I've updated everything in this list and in my email account.

I'd love to keep it as is but I feel the need to mention that Oshie and Lepisto's PA and DF ratings are a little higher than in the Excel file. Might want to double check to see if that's right.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
For the Predators, Erik Johnson is listed as a rookie which is wrong since he has already played a season

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Players Who Should be Removed (Europe/Retirement)
Kevin Weekes - Colorado (retired)
Patrice Brisebois - Boston (retired)
Kevyn Adams - Washington (retired)
Jiri Novotny - Phoenix (released as per Euro releases sent)
Karri Ramo - Los Angeles (to prospect list)
Josef Boumedienne - Tampa Bay (released as per Euro releases sent)
Jan Platil - Tampa Bay (released as per Euro releases sent)
Mats Sundin - Toronto (retired)
Olaf Kolzig - Toronto (retired)
Mikael Tellqvist - Buffalo (to prospect list)
Michel Ouellet - Dallas (to prospect list)

Players Who Should be Added (returned from Europe)
Ray Emery - St. Louis
Hannu Toivonen - Edmonton (should still have a year at 850,000...I believe)

Players Who Shouldn't be Rookies
Bryan Smolinski - Boston
Kris Letang - Vancouver
Glen Murray - Phoenix
Anders Erikkson - Phoenix
Curtis Joseph - Phoenix
Mike Zigomanis - NJ
Alex Ovechkin - Carolina
Pat Rissmiller - Tampa Bay
Erik Ersberg - Tampa Bay
Erik Johnson - Nashville
Greg DeVries - Buffalo
Evgeny Artyukhin - Dallas
Matt Carle - San Jose

Players Who Need Their Ratings Fixed
Kris Russell - Colorado (listed as Kris Russel on the roster page)
Nathan Oystrick - Chicago (listed as Nate on the roster page)
Erik Johnson - Nashville (see the admin group for this)

NOTE
- Anders Eriksson is playing for both Phoenix and Toronto (who has him? I remember Phoenix signing him this offseason, but Toronto did you always have Eriksson and he shouldn't have been a FA in the first place?)
- Tanner Glass is playing for both Pittsburgh and Nashville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad