HFNHL Rule Clarification for 2021/22 & Beyond - Season Long LTIR

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
After some discussion among the admin team, we have decided that moving forward, any HFNHL player who did not play in the NHL the year prior (and who does not have ratings) would move to said team's prospect list under LTIR for the season. Then return the following year when they have ratings. This rule has been inconsistently applied in recent years, but will be strictly monitored this year and moving forward (as you may notice, Jeff has made sure said players retain their zeroes in the ratings categories).

Please post said players in this thread so that Jeff can move said players to your prospect list for the season (with LTIR beside their name on the prospect list).

jbjints

HFNHL Sabres GM
Oct 3, 2013
Buffalo Sabres:

F Bryan Little

G Martin Ouellette

D Ville Saarijarvi

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Would this apply to Michal Kempny (50s across the board, no NHL games, only 2 AHL games in a reconditioning stint at the end of the season as he started to come back from LTIR)?

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Worth asking...does this apply to Anthony DeAngelo? Only played 6 games before self-destructing and being sent home for the season. Ratings are not in line with the last 80 games he played, and basing them off only 6 games when you look at his body of work, basically makes him unusable at that salary.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Worth asking...does this apply to Anthony DeAngelo? Only played 6 games before self-destructing and being sent home for the season. Ratings are not in line with the last 80 games he played, and basing them off only 6 games when you look at his body of work, basically makes him unusable at that salary.

Unfortunately, no. This is rule is in place for injuries and illness only, thus the LTIR designation.

You can obviously feel free to challenge some of DeAngelo's ratings when the time comes for that. But he has a 73 PA, one of the highest PA's of any defender this year...so I'm not sure how much his ratings have been hurt if I am being honest.

Matt Y

Jan 1, 2021
Johnny Boychuk - but he retired so I don't see the need to put him on my LTIR unless it's just for the last year of his deal.

SenatorsGM

Jun 25, 2012
Luca sbisa should fall under this rule as he was exempt from being exposed in the expansion draft due to being on ltir after playing only 1 game

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Does all this LTIR count towards the 50 player limit? How does the contract work? in NHL, these players are paid so are we paying or freezing? does the term of the contract reduced by one year?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Does all this LTIR count towards the 50 player limit? How does the contract work? in NHL, these players are paid so are we paying or freezing? does the term of the contract reduced by one year?

Great questions.

Does not count towards the 50 player limit.

Does count towards years on the contract, so the term will be reduced by one year.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
The others (with term left...not FA's) that I have found (so Jeff can get this cleaned up before FA):

Boston: Brent Seabrook - retirement (not sure if posted in the other thread)
Seattle: Gustav Nyquist
Pittsburgh: Boo Nieves
Dallas: Alex Nylander

Adam Richardson

Jan 7, 2021
The others (with term left...not FA's) that I have found (so Jeff can get this cleaned up before FA):

Boston: Brent Seabrook - retirement (not sure if posted in the other thread)
Seattle: Gustav Nyquist
Pittsburgh: Boo Nieves
Dallas: Alex Nylander

Thanks, Brock. I was just looking through this thread and was about to ask about Nyquist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad