HFNHL Playoffs

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
It seems nobody is in a hurry to join the Devs and Oil on the sidelines, as both
Zac and Sean pulled off wins today to stave off elimination by the Wings and Flames, respectively. Blues fans, meanwhile, are buying voodoo dolls and hexes in a desperate attempt to avoid the Curse of the President's Trophy: St. Louis now trails Columbus 3-2 after a dominating regular season and a 2-0 start to the series. Interestingly, both teams' second units have been doing the bulk of the damage in the series, with Alfredsson starring for the Blues and Fisher and Langenbrunner making the difference for the Jackets. Will we see any Game 7s in the West this round? Stay tuned!

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
It seems nobody is in a hurry to join the Devs and Oil on the sidelines, as both
Zac and Sean pulled off wins today to stave off elimination by the Wings and Flames, respectively. Blues fans, meanwhile, are buying voodoo dolls and hexes in a desperate attempt to avoid the Curse of the President's Trophy: St. Louis now trails Columbus 3-2 after a dominating regular season and a 2-0 start to the series. Interestingly, both teams' second units have been doing the bulk of the damage in the series, with Alfredsson starring for the Blues and Fisher and Langenbrunner making the difference for the Jackets. Will we see any Game 7s in the West this round? Stay tuned!

There could be ALOT of game sevens in the east and west theres a potential for 6 many series I'm sure werent expecting to last this long (mainly in the east)
I certainly know I'm glad to have staved off elimination this long I'm the highest shooting team in the league right now if not for Lunqvist and 2 goals that we're called off I'm game one this series would be very different. I'm not counting on any miracles though King Henrik has the ability to steal games which he did all year meanwhile kipper has been average at best.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
It's three very tough matchups in the West. Will be intresting to see who will join me for the 2nd round. I could still end up facing anyone but the Blues and I'm not sure I have any preference of who to face.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
The board always gets quiet during the playoffs because half the GMs are superstitious I think.

Guilty as charged. I'm trying to shake it, though, hence my recent activity. This is te first time in a while that opiates anything about my own team - and ionly did so in the context of the rest of the West, in the hopes that I would avoid any bad mojo, since mojo is all I've got going for me. Think it worked? I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Guilty as charged. I'm trying to shake it, though, hence my recent activity. This is te first time in a while that opiates anything about my own team - and ionly did so in the context of the rest of the West, in the hopes that I would avoid any bad mojo, since mojo is all I've got going for me. Think it worked? I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

I posted on this board about my confidence at home, wishing I'd get the 4th seed and take home ice advantage into the battle with Calgary, because of how strong my team was for the last 3/4 of the year at GM Place. Then I go and drop both home games to the Flames in the playoffs. So that's it for me.

The playoff pool is the same way. You never want to pick your team. Last year I unintentionally spoiled my own ballot by neglecting to select a winner in a hypothetical second round match-up between the Canucks and Ducks. I just advanced both of the other two semi-finalists to the next round. Definitely over-thought that one.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
I didn't expect to beat Colorado at all but I'm pretty disappointed that I didn't even win a game after splitting the season series. Good thing it happened while I was away on vacation or else I would've been on here posting my hate daily!

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Lots of added revenue in the kitties with all these extra games! Congrats to the teams in the East making real games of it! (here's to hoping the West *doesn't* follow suit - at least when it comes to the Blues/Blue Jacket series...
;-)

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
I think alvero is proof that GMs can talk **** and get away with it lol seriously who expected him to make the playoffs let alone have a chance to knock off anyone ?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Im sure everyone in the West that is down right now is looking and hoping that they can force a game 7 aswell

Well you got a couple of 'em anyway. Very exciting first round this year.

Congrats to Sean on bringing his Canucks back from the regular season brink. They totally dominated the Flames in this series. Backstrom stopped 44 regular time shots in Game 6. Shame two good teams had to meet so early on....

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Well you got a couple of 'em anyway. Very exciting first round this year.

Congrats to Sean on bringing his Canucks back from the regular season brink. They totally dominated the Flames in this series. Backstrom stopped 44 regular time shots in Game 6. Shame two good teams had to meet so early on....

Congrats Kershaw. I got you last year, this year was your turn. Summer came early this year in Vancouver.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
IIRC correctly, that's 6/8 for my bracket, but I think it gets dodgy later on - I know I had the Canucks in the Conference final, can't remember about the East. I guess Brock will offer a Round 1 update...

And while I had the Jackets in my bracket (didn't want to bet against myself right off the bat!), I never seriously expected to beat the Blues. OT was the only fitting way to end this series, my friend -- well played. I'm just gratified that when it finally came down to it, my much-maligned (and rightly so) special teams finally showed up. PP goal to get on the board first, then almost 4 full minutes of PK in overtime before scoring the winning goal short-handed. Unbelievable.

It's just an incredible run of bad luck you've had in the playoffs, Nick, but nobody can argue that St. Louis hasn't been the single most dominant team in the league year over year. Still... maybe time to blow it up, eh? Give yourself a different kind of challenge? (And give the rest of us in the Central division a break for once!) :D

Congratulations to wily old fox Drew for holding off the charge of his feisty offspring. You have to get up early in the morning to out-coach the old man!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad