Hfnhl Hawks make 3rd round pick available

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Rumours out of Chicago are that the Hawks are looking for a forward with an expiring contract at the end of the season. Preferably a C/RW with 70+ SC.

Contact me if you have one

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
It was a dark and gloomy night in the Windy City when suddenly.... Oh who am I kidding I hated English class.

Seriously, I've found myself in the midst of a playoff battle that I never thought I'd be in. While watching those around me bolster their teams I've struggled with the idea of should I or shouldn't I do the same.

Reinprecht was put on waivers. Snapped him up. Cost to the team was only money. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

More deals are made by others. Hawks are now 8th for the first time this late into the season in what seems like a decade. Other teams get stronger again. I again look for ways to get better.

Mark Recchi is offered to me and i've always been a fan. Offered for a pick and even though I'm rebuilding no current prospect or player was removed from the team. Again something I could deal with.

So, the end result are that I get two rental players for a 3rd round pick and a bag of cash.

In the heat of battle this is a sacrifice I'm prepared to live with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad