Hfnhl Hawks make 3rd round pick available

Discussion in 'HFNHL Talk' started by Dryden, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Dryden

Dryden Registered User

Rumours out of Chicago are that the Hawks are looking for a forward with an expiring contract at the end of the season. Preferably a C/RW with 70+ SC.

Contact me if you have one

2. Dryden

Dryden Registered User

Pending approval it looks like a deal has been made

3. Dryden

Dryden Registered User

It was a dark and gloomy night in the Windy City when suddenly.... Oh who am I kidding I hated English class.

Seriously, I've found myself in the midst of a playoff battle that I never thought I'd be in. While watching those around me bolster their teams I've struggled with the idea of should I or shouldn't I do the same.

Reinprecht was put on waivers. Snapped him up. Cost to the team was only money. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

More deals are made by others. Hawks are now 8th for the first time this late into the season in what seems like a decade. Other teams get stronger again. I again look for ways to get better.

Mark Recchi is offered to me and i've always been a fan. Offered for a pick and even though I'm rebuilding no current prospect or player was removed from the team. Again something I could deal with.

So, the end result are that I get two rental players for a 3rd round pick and a bag of cash.

In the heat of battle this is a sacrifice I'm prepared to live with.

4. Ohio Jones

Ohio Jones Game on...

You may have hated English class, but you learned a few things, it seems. ;)