HFNHL Draft 2013

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
The NHL Draft is set for June 30, 2013.

That means the HFNHL Draft will occur the weekend before. I believe that tradition dictates the Saturday - which this year is June 22, 2013.

Here is a link to the final CSB rankings in XLS (Excel) format:

CSB Lists

Last edited:

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
The following have been already drafted into the HFNHL...

Daktoa Mermis - 95NA
Zach Leslie - 146NA
Viktor Arvidsson - 19E
Patrik Bartosak - 8NAG

Also, the Victor Ohman that is ranked by CSB is different than the Victor Ohman that the Bruins drafted in 2010.

This might not be everyone. I did not go through the list too thoroughly.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
The following have been already drafted into the HFNHL...

Daktoa Mermis - 95NA
Zach Leslie - 146NA
Viktor Arvidsson - 19E
Patrik Bartosak - 8NAG

Also, the Victor Ohman that is ranked by CSB is different than the Victor Ohman that the Bruins drafted in 2010.

This might not be everyone. I did not go through the list too thoroughly.

Thanks, Matt... beat me to it.

Bartosak is an HFNHL Rangers draft pick.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
What is the age/DOB cut-off for Europeans and college players this year? Anybody have the answer handy?

Based on last year's rules, but with dates updated. If there were any changes to eligibility based on the CBA, they are not reflected here.

5. Draft Eligibility - General
Prospects eligible to be drafted include those on the CSB final rankings ( http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm ). More generally, all North American players born on or between January 1, 1993 and September 15, 1995 who have not already been drafted by an HFNHL team (North American players with birthdates in 1992 or prior are Unrestricted Free Agents, assuming of course that their rights are not already held by another HFNHL team, and will be available to be signed during the Free Agency period that takes place later in the summer).

International players must be born between January 1, 1991 and September 15, 1995 (you can no longer draft overage Europeans). Simplest way to sort out if an International player (who has played in NA) should be considered under the NA or International draft eligibility criteria is as follows:

- If *not* already drafted by an NHL team, base it on where they played this past season
- If already drafted by an NHL team, base it on where they were playing in the season prior to being drafted by the NHL.

6. Draft Eligibility - NHL vs. HFNHL
Be aware that there are several players that are still available to be drafted in the NHL (or are shown as eligible on the 2013 CSS Draft list) that have already been drafted in the HFNHL. The reverse is also true: players drafted in the NHL may not have been drafted in the HFNHL.

A review of the final CSB list to indicate those listed players that have already been drafted will be provided, but it is not guaranteed to be 100% complete, so it is ultimately up to the individual GM to determine whether the player they wish to draft is in fact available. *Picks made on players who have already been drafted will be forfeited.*

7. Draft Eligibility - Opt-outs
Prospects are no longer able to opt-out of the entry draft - any player with a birthdate in the window is eligible. For unranked players, it is up to the GM to provide evidence that the player's birth-date makes them eligible.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
The Draft page is set up now.

http://www.hfnhl.org/draft/index.html

Doug, perhaps we can sticky this thread?

I'm in the process of putting together the draft order, should have that done in the next few days.

A question to pose to folks...

Would anyone be adverse to making the deadline for Rounds 4-7, Tuesday, June 25th (instead of Thursday, June 27th)?

I ask because I'll be heading to Boston from the 28th to July 1st. Which means that if we keep the original 27th deadline for draft lists, I won't be able to get the draft completed BEFORE the NHL draft (as you gentleman have become accustomed to in recent years). You'd have to wait until I return from Boston. BUT, if we can make that 4-7 deadline Tuesday, I could get them done Wednesday and Thursday night before I leave.

Your call!

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I've uploaded the current 7 round draft order to the yahoo site.

I've also attached it below.

Please check it to make sure I've got everything correct (minus trades that are currently pending of course).

Just a couple explanations for the order (where ties came into play).

1.Dallas, Carolina and Pittsburgh all have 80 points...but the draft order is as follows:

Dallas, Carolina, Pittsburgh

because...

Dallas has the least amount of wins in regulation and OT with 28. Carolina is next with 31. Then Pittsburgh with 32.

So it's 7. Dallas, 8. Carolina, 9. Pittsburgh

2. San Jose and Montreal have 85 points, but San Jose picks first (at 11) because they had 32 wins (in regulation and OT) to Montreal's 37 (in regulation and OT).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad