HFNHL: Coyotes Blockbuster and Trade Block

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
The HFNHL's Arizona Coyotes would like to announce the following deal.

TO Arizona: G-Carter Hart, D-Mark Giordano, D-Ty Smith

TO Columbus: G-Darcy Kuemper, D-Alexander Edler, C-Xavier Bourgault

It's tough to move someone like Darcy who has been part of the Coyotes organization for the past 13 years and until today is the longest standing member Coyotes (Now Mika Zibanejad, since 2011). He has been excellent for us however we felt the best move was to go with a goaltender who could be more of a long term solution in Carter Hart. In combination with Filip Gustavsson we think we have a great one-two punch for the future and will come at a low cap hit for the next couple years. Edler served as assistant captain and with Gio's experience he will be able to walk in and assume that role with his experience. Finally it's tough to move someone with the speed and dynamic talent of someone like Bourgault, but with players like Raymond already with the big club and McMichael, Yurov, Evangelista and Goyette coming up we believe we can fill that role whereas on the other hand we needed a skilled, quick skating offensive defenseman for the future. With Edvinsson and Siegenthaler primed to lead our shutdown coverage for the future, Ty Smith is a perfect for for our organization to be the future of our power play with Jakob Chychrun. Ultimately Kuemper was the really tough move because he's been with us since 2010, but we believe this is the right move for the organiation.

In addition to these moves we're interested in moving a few smaller pieces but we don't anticipate another blockbuster deal. Without our own first round pick for this season, we intend to push for a shot at the playoffs, without trying to mortgage much of the future. We have 4M in cap space moving forward so we can add a little bit of cap space still, but things are pretty tight up against the cap.

Players we're looking to move include the following:

Tyler Seguin - 73OV - Seguin is underperforming for his skill level on our team. Not sure why but he's just not clicking with our organization and how we do our lines so I'm looking to find a change of scenery for him. Looking to move him for someone of similar value and cap space. If anyone out there has an underperforming 73OV range forward, maybe a change of scenery will help both players.

Danny DeKeyser - 70OV - Solid shutdown defenseman a third pairing D with a 86DF rating. Looking for a mid/late rounder.
Markus Nutivaara - 65OV - Depth Defenseman. Wouldn't be looking for more than a late round pick for him.
Kurtis MacDermid - 63OV - Big physical depth defenseman. Late round pick.

We also have the following prospects available for trade. The value in this particularly leans to anyone who would like a specific type of prospect or don't feel like doing the work to make a list to draft late round players. Or maybe they are fine with holding a lottery ticket that's in Europe. These are the prospects we're willing to part with:

Patrick Khodorenko - Two-Way Centre. Signed by New York Rangers. Hartford Wolfpack in AHL. Would move for a 7th.
Simon Motew - 6'00" two-way defenseman for the Kitchener Rangers OHL. Would move for a 7th.
Giovanni Vallati - 6'01" two-way defenseman. former Winnipeg Jets prospect , now playing Asiago Italy. Would move for a 7th.
Andre Anania - 6'01" Physical shutdown defenseman. Playing for Sudbury Wolves OHL. Would move for a 7th.
Marcus Hogberg - Former NHL-Ottawa goaltender who returned to Sweden. Would be an HFNHL back-up if he returned. Would move his rights for a 6th.
Will Cranley* - Goaltending prospect for NHL-St. Louis, 6th Rounder and signed. Would move for a 5th.
Talyn Boyko* - Goaltending prospect for NHL-NY Rangers, 4th Rounder and signed. Would move for a 5th.

*-Will only move one of these two goaltenders.

This is first come first serve. First message we get about one of these prospects requesting the trade is who will get them.
You can also combine a couple players/prospects for a pick if you wish.

We're also willing to move one of Arvid Holm or Jet Greaves in a prospect swap with a team that needs a Goaltender with NHL expected upside and already well along their development.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohio Jones

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Hart and Smith should be solid for you for the next decade. It was a lot to give up, but I have a window to compete and have to go for it while I can. Hopefully Bourgault helps offset the loss of two important young pieces, and Kuemper helps get me past the first bloody round!

Regal Beagles

Feb 28, 2013
Hart and Smith should be solid for you for the next decade. It was a lot to give up, but I have a window to compete and have to go for it while I can. Hopefully Bourgault helps offset the loss of two important young pieces, and Kuemper helps get me past the first bloody round!
I think it’s a good move for both teams

Reactions: Ohio Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad