HFNHL 2020-21 Season Begins

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
After a few months of living in a drunken state following my championship run, then a month away from technology, this offseason has drug on longer than expected. Thanks everyone for your patience...it's about to pay off...

The HFNHL 2020-21 season kicks off with preseason games beginning tomorrow, November 24th!!

We will kick things off with a 25 day preseason so we (mostly me) can all remember how things work again. We'll run double headers (plus a triple header on the last day) so the preseason will run 12 days, finishing on Saturday, December 5th. This should give everyone time to get things in order and ready for the start of our regular season.

The following has happened in the last week:
  • Website updated with preseason index page: HFNHL - index
  • All trades & FA offers updated
  • Coach ratings updated
  • Ratings challenges updated
  • Rosters purged of all expired contracts and everyone called up to your pro team so all waiver eligible players can hit the wire if you're sending them down to start the season
Still to come:
  • Endorsement payouts & next years endorsement signup
Since we can't copy a NHL schedule this year we're going to use the 2017-18 schedule again and will start with a normal single game day at a time. Once the NHL kicks off its season, and we can see when they will wrap things up, we'll adjust our pace to finish around the same time.

Final Deadline & Reminders
Rosters must be set by Thursday, December 3rd. This means everyone must have a valid regular season roster (23 players max) where you've sent all your extra bodies down to the farm, while also meeting minimum roster requirements to cover you in case of injury.

As a reminder, the roster requirements are 3 goalies, 8 defenders, and 14 forwards (found here *Urgent* - The HFNHL General Manager Code of Conduct).

If you don't have access to the shared Dropbox folder at this point, let me know so I can get you added.

And finally, if I missed anything in my updates, please post here or email SimGod so I can get it updated.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Reminder that you have 1 more day to get your rosters set before we begin the season. If you leave things in my hands to update tomorrow it may not go the way you like with players being put on waivers as needed until you're roster/cap compliant.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
With the preseason finished up we're ready for puck drop on the regular season!! Everyone has one more day to get their rosters/lines set before the regular season begins tomorrow, December 8th.

The following teams have salary cap violations that need to be dealt with or else you will be penalized...

Stars
Blues
Devils
Maple Leafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad