HFNHL 2010 RFA/UFA Listing - Please Look

Default101

Phoenix looks good, Thanks.

However on the 2011 file Yandle and Brookbank's contracts have not been put on the site, however it has been confirmed they have been signed.

Last edited by a moderator:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Phoenix looks good, Thanks.

However on the 2011 file Yandle and Brookbank's contracts have not been put on the site, however it has been confirmed they have been signed.

Updates to the files coming later tonight or tomorrow morning. I updated them but because I'm on the road I haven't had internet.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Columbus: as pointed out in the retirements thread, Columbus needs to reactivate L/RW Nikolai Zherdev (call him LW), 1 year at $3,250,000.

Uhmmm ... Zherdev is not signed and is an eligible RFA (I planned on trying to sneak that in to my offers). I remember asking you last season when he bolted if you had QO'd him (at the time you had not and don't know if you did). If you didn't he's actually a UFA.
The history sheet still shows his last season played as being the 1 year so his contract had expired at the end of that season.

Nice attempt at getting a bit of a bargain though :naughty:

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Uhmmm ... Zherdev is not signed and is an eligible RFA (I planned on trying to sneak that in to my offers). I remember asking you last season when he bolted if you had QO'd him (at the time you had not and don't know if you did). If you didn't he's actually a UFA.
The history sheet still shows his last season played as being the 1 year so his contract had expired at the end of that season.

Nice attempt at getting a bit of a bargain though :naughty:

It's been discussed recently that years don't come off contracts while they are in Europe so now I don't know what the actual rule is.

I think it was discussing the Nabokov situation, someone mentioned that if he returned in a few years he would pick up the 1 year and $5.5M contract he has right now, not be a UFA. So if that's the case, Zherdev would pick up where ever he left off when he bolted wouldn't he?

Can one of the admin people make a ruling here so I know whether Zherdev needs to be added as a RFA or not.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
If what im reading is correct my dad is stating that when Zherdev left he did not have a contract signed and just moved into the propect list like Sykora is with mine. Meaning Zherdev has no contract which would make him an RFA

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Zherdev would pick up where ever he left off when he bolted wouldn't he?

My interpretation is that Zherdev is a free agent. The file shows that he was on the last year of his deal (http://www.hfnhl.com/2009/HFNHLFinance.html#Jackets) and it would have expired last summer. So he was an RFA last summer and is again this summer unless he was signed to a deal before bolting or Doug didn't qualify him.

We will need to know though if he bolted before the qualifying period (in which case he didn't need to be qualified.) or after (and whether Doug qualified him or not.)?

Regardless to me he does look like some kind of FA.

EDIT::

FACTS:

Zherdev bolted long after our free agency (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=287399)
He was an RFA
Doug DID qualify him (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=647802&highlight=2009+free+agency+qualifying+offers)

EDIT 2:
Zherdev signed his QO before he bolted.

So - as of right now Zherdev is Blue Jackets Property. See Below.

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=19796875&highlight=zherdev+3,250,000#post19796875

He was qualified, and I'm sure if I look around long enough I can find Mr. Swingstein's acceptance... There we go, June 6, 2009, Richie Swingstein accepted the QO of 1 year, $3,250,000. That year remains since he spent the season in Europe, so he is (and I am) bound to honour it.

But don't go thinking it's any sort of bargain for me, considering what may happen to his ratings for having been away (hopefully nothing), and more importantly the mere $2 million he signed for with Philly. If anything, I'm paying a premium to keep him around.

so sorry to disappoint you guys, but he was signed to a contract before he left for Europe, and is therefore decidedly NOT a Free Agent.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
is therefore decidedly NOT a Free Agent.

Yes you are right. Hasnain's final free agency file also reflects that he signed his QO and therefore has a 1 x 3.25 mil contract for this coming season.

You can find the evidence in the final 2009 free agents file in the 2009 folder in the Yahoo! groups.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
It's been discussed recently that years don't come off contracts while they are in Europe so now I don't know what the actual rule is.

I think it was discussing the Nabokov situation, someone mentioned that if he returned in a few years he would pick up the 1 year and $5.5M contract he has right now, not be a UFA. So if that's the case, Zherdev would pick up where ever he left off when he bolted wouldn't he?

Can one of the admin people make a ruling here so I know whether Zherdev needs to be added as a RFA or not.

Yes remaining years stay in effect. In this case the contract (on the website) had expired before he bolted for Europe. Douglas has clarified he did qualify him at the same amount as his prior contract amount x 1 year last summer which is what created the confusion.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I'm sorry, not for FA, I posted in the wrong thread. This was just a roster correction, I signed him the day he signed in Europe.

I am mis-posting like a madman :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad