McNiven
Demchenko
Verbeek
Alain
Pezzetta
Rucheinski
Henriksson

2019 ranking: HFHabs 2019 Prospect Rankings

Pretty sure 90% vote Primeau this time around. Should be a quick decision.

Onto chatter about #6? That's going to vary by a lot! We are talking about grade B's now right? B+ or B- types?

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What's your personal spot for Primeau? 5 or higher?

I had him 5 after the draft but I voted for him 4 here.. and I think that's where I would have him now until Guhle shows he can do more than skate and shoot offensively.

1. Cole Caufield, RW
  2. Mattias Norlinder, LD
  3. Alexander Romanov, LD
  4. Cayden Primeau, G
  5. Kaiden Guhle, LD
Would be my current top 5.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I had him 5 after the draft but I voted for him 4 here.. and I think that's where I would have him now until Guhle shows he can do more than skate and shoot offensively.

1. Cole Caufield, RW
  2. Mattias Norlinder, LD
  3. Alexander Romanov, LD
  4. Cayden Primeau, G
  5. Kaiden Guhle, LD

Interesting. I was curious and that's why I asked. Guess work but at least we can say our top 5 is solid regardless. My top 5 are..

1) Romanov
2) Caufield
3) Primeau
4) Guhle
5) Norlinder

I don't hate Norlinder and I realize the potential but the production is lacking with me. I am waiting for him to have a break out moment on the ice and that's when I bump him up. With me, he lacks on the production side of things. Potential and the toolbox of skill is there for sure

Reactions: Gains

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Interesting. I was curious and that's why I asked. Guess work but at least we can say our top 5 is solid regardless. My top 5 are..

1) Romanov
2) Caufield
3) Primeau
4) Guhle
5) Norlinder

I don't hate Norlinder and I realize the potential but the production is lacking with me. I am waiting for him to have a break out moment on the ice and that's when I bump him up. With me, he lacks on the production side of things. Potential and the toolbox of skill is there for sure

It's coming.. all of the metrics are there, they just haven't translated to points as often as they should. In the way that Domi was lucky to have a 70 pt season at C, Norlinder is being extremely unlucky considering his high shot totals, where his shots are being taken, how many shot assists he has and where he is generating those shot assists.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's coming.. all of the metrics are there, they just haven't translated to points as often as they should. In the way that Domi was lucky to have a 70 pt season at C, Norlinder is being extremely unlucky considering his high shot totals, where his shots are being taken, how many shot assists he has and where he is generating those shot assists.

I believe in his ability and if he jumps up to 2nd, man, that's a good thing. He's really our only shot a finding a puck moving QB for our PP. I like Romanov a lot but QB type? Doubt it

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What are the chances someone not in our top 5 becomes the best in the end? Slim to none?

Not high per se, but there's a couple players who have the profile to do that..

Jan Mysak
Jayden Struble
Dichow or Dobes -could- end up better than Primeau (highly unlikely, but potential is there)
homer vote for Cam Hillis as he has the type of game that likely gets better when he plays with better players.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Jan Mysak
Jayden Struble
Dichow or Dobes -could- end up better than Primeau (highly unlikely, but potential is there)
homer vote for Cam Hillis as he has the type of game that likely gets better when he plays with better players.

It's going to be an interesting chat when we look back in 5 years. Who busts and who surprises. It's not going to go the way we predict

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

1. Cole Caufield, RW
  2. Mattias Norlinder, LD
  3. Alexander Romanov, LD
  4. Cayden Primeau, G
  5. Kaiden Guhle, LD

You and I are exactly on the same page for Top 4.

I have to think harder about 5. I think there is a tendency to inflate the value of the shiny new toys, but it's not unreasonable to have Guhle #5 at all.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
#1, #3 and #4 all LHD.

Can we draft fowards or RHD now

not gonna lie, our prospect pool is kinda stackd

1. Caufield
2. Romanov
3. Norlinder
4. Primeau
5. Guhle
6. Poehling
7. Fleury
8. Juulsen
9. Evans
10. Harris
11. Mysak
12. Struble
13. Brook
14. Tuch
15. Ylonen

Last edited:
Reactions: kevsavard95

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal

Jan Mysak
Jayden Struble
Love Mysak and Struble.

This top 5 is pretty much shaping out the way I expected except I would have Caufield over Romanov.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
It’s technically Primeau’s but to make it more interesting i voted Struble.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Primeau should be a good plAyer i agree. I saw him play ans he hhas all the tools to become a first goalie. But. People are throwing the towel maybe too fast with poehling. He is only 21 years old. He could easily take the next step this year and become a good third liner...

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Primeau should be a good plAyer i agree. I saw him play ans he hhas all the tools to become a first goalie. But. People are throwing the towel maybe too fast with poehling. He is only 21 years old. He could easily take the next step this year and become a good third liner...

He can indeed rebound nicely.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014

Poehling coming back with a strong season, even in if its with Laval, would be so good for us considering Danault's contract situation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad