1. Alexander Romanov (50.0%) (+4)
2. Cole Caufield (85.4%) (-)
3. Mattias Norlinder (43.9%) (+9)
4. Kaiden Guhle (48.1%) (NA)
5. Cayden Primeau (84.6%) (+1)
6. Ryan Poehling (47.8%) (-5)
7. Jordan Harris (28.9%) (+3)
8. Jan Mysak (41.2%) (NA)
9. Josh Brook (27.5% , Tie breaker 68.5 %) (-5)

If you want to influence who is next to be added, please say who should be added next.

Prospects to be put on voting list (current order):
J. Olofsson
Dichow
Pitlick
Vejdemo
Khisatmudinov
Harvey-Pinard
Gordin
Gorniak
G. Olofsson
Leskinen
Dauphin
LeGuerrier
McNiven
Demchenko
Verbeek
Alain
Pezzetta
Ruscheinski
Henriksson

2019 ranking: HFHabs 2019 Prospect Rankings

Current awards:
AINEC Award: 2. Cole Caufield (85.4%)
Tough Choice Award: 9. Josh Brook (27.5% , Tie breaker 68.5 %)
Biggest Riser: 3. Mattias Norlinder (+9)
Biggest Faller: 6. Ryan Poehling (-5)/9. Josh Brook (-5)
Jumped The Draft Award: Jan Mysak (+1)
Drafted At The Wrong Spot Award: Luke Tuch (-1?)
Undrafted Star: ?
Late round gem: 5. Cayden Primeau (7th round)
Mike Cichy Trophy: ?

Last edited:

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Having trouble deciding between Struble and Evans/Ylonen.
Edit: Think I'm gonna go with shinny new toy possibilities...

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Struble here, but hot take hour: it’s Fleury at 11.

Seems I've been hot-take-voting for a while now. He was a big part of Brisson's game last year and he's taking big steps forward this year... by same time next year I bet Farrell will be much higher on this list than he ends up this time around. Same tools & vision as Suzuki with Owen Sound but on the wing, I mean he almost plays like a C. He's my ceiling pick for the long haul.

"STEAL" (-C. Caufield).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Having trouble deciding between Struble and Evans/Ylonen.
Edit: Think I'm gonna go with shinny new toy possibilities...

I have Evan's ahead of Ylonen, contrary to many. I think Evan's may have top 9 offensive upside at the NHL level. Ylonen may too. In fact Ylonen probably has higher goal scoring upside. Though I think Evan's actually has higher playmaking upside. Though I like to mainly rank players based on upside, in this case Evan's edges Ylonen because he's shown more at the NHL level and thus to me has higher probability of being something useful at the NHL level.

Evans is next for me.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Seems I've been hot-take-voting for a while now. He was a big part of Brisson's game last year and he's taking big steps forward this year... by same time next year I bet Farrell will be much higher on this list than he ends up this time around. Same tools & vision as Suzuki with Owen Sound but on the wing, I mean he almost plays like a C. He's my ceiling pick for the long haul.

"STEAL" (-C. Caufield).

A lot will depend on how Farrell plays in the NCAA.

Reactions: 26Mats

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

"STEAL" (-C. Caufield).

Farrell has the same “Reway” feel to him, could be a potential late round steal. Hopefully it ends better than Reway did for us.

Reactions: Roadhouse

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Farrell has the same “Reway” feel to him, could be a potential late round steal. Hopefully it ends better than Reway did for us.

For now Juulsen and Struble, and Ikonen, have more of a Reway feel. Quality prospects with high potential that we may never get a chance to see what their potential really is, due to injury.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
For now Juulsen and Struble, and Ikonen, have more of a Reway feel. Quality prospects with high potential that we may never get a chance to see what their potential really is, due to injury.

* Its late with Ikonen. He's pretty much not with us anymore and they won't sign him IMO
* With Juulsen, his next season is a huge one. He has to fight Brook and Fleury to get back on our radar. If he is past his freak injury, I think he will surprise us
* With Struble, it's way too early. Remember, when Brook had his wrist injury? (Draft +1)?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
* Its late with Ikonen. He's pretty much not with us anymore and they won't sign him IMO
* With Juulsen, his next season is a huge one. He has to fight Brook and Fleury to get back on our radar. If he is past his freak injury, I think he will surprise us
* With Struble, it's way too early. Remember, when Brook had his wrist injury? (Draft +1)?

If Ikonen can come back this season, at least he'll get to play some games at the professional level before we make a decision.

Juulsen may be lost to waivers after training camp, if he can't earn a spot in the top 7/8.

I'll give up on Ikonen when his rights are actually relinquished, not until then.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Ikonen can come back this season, at least he'll get to play some games at the professional level before we make a decision.

Juulsen may be lost to waivers after training camp, if he can't earn a spot in the top 7/8.

I'll give up on Ikonen when his rights are actually relinquished, not until then.

I'm doubtful on Ikonen at this stage. We have so many grade B's and C's in our pool that I don't think we use one of our 50 contracts. He would have to have unreal production in those games he does end up playing. I understand, he's not gone until he is but probably is low that he is signed.

I don't think anybody claims Juulsen after those injuries. If they do, they got to keep him on their NHL roster and I just don't see a team liking him that much. And the NHL is talking about increasing the 23 man roster due to covid issues. Maybe creating a taxi squad of a few players.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Dang, I was almost ready to make a new thread yesterday. :laugh:

I guess I'll wait some more.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm doubtful on Ikonen at this stage. We have so many grade B's and C's in our pool that I don't think we use one of our 50 contracts. He would have to have unreal production in those games he does end up playing. I understand, he's not gone until he is but probably is low that he is signed.

I don't think anybody claims Juulsen after those injuries. If they do, they got to keep him on their NHL roster and I just don't see a team liking him that much. And the NHL is talking about increasing the 23 man roster due to covid issues. Maybe creating a taxi squad of a few players.

The taxi squad would be bad for Juulsen. MB even said during his press conference that the kid needs to play. I don't for the life of me know why he hasn't been playing in Europe. If we're going to put him on waivers, I hope we do it during training camp. If we wait until a month into the season, other teams will have injuries and/or see that they won't make the playoffs. So might as well take a shot on a young player that could be a part of their future.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The taxi squad would be bad for Juulsen. MB even said during his press conference that the kid needs to play. I don't for the life of me know why he hasn't been playing in Europe. If we're going to put him on waivers, I hope we do it during training camp. If we wait until a month into the season, other teams will have injuries and/or see that they won't make the playoffs. So might as well take a shot on a young player that could be a part of their future.

Habs are not the issue cause Laval is close by. Canucks, Oilers, and Flames have their AHL team in the US.

NHL and NHLPA have a lot to sort out! Different rules in each state or province and each team has different challenges

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs are not the issue cause Laval is close by. Canucks, Oilers, and Flames have their AHL team in the US.

NHL and NHLPA have a lot to sort out! Different rules in each state or province and each team has different challenges

It would be great for Juulsen to play in Laval. But he can't play in Laval without going through waivers. If he clears waivers, then the Juulsen problem is solved for this year: he goes to Laval and works on his game.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
It would be great for Juulsen to play in Laval. But he can't play in Laval without going through waivers. If he clears waivers, then the Juulsen problem is solved for this year: he goes to Laval and works on his game.
I... doubt Juulsen is claimed off waivers. There are better players than Juulsen on waivers every year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I... doubt Juulsen is claimed off waivers. There are better players than Juulsen on waivers every year.

I consider Juulsen now to have more upside than DLR when he was claimed...

I doubt Juulsen gets claimed out of training camp. But I wouldn't at all be surprised if he were to get claimed a month into the season, if MB sent him down then after sitting in the stands too long as the #8D. At that point other teams may have injuries and/or be so far out of the playoff race that they would take a chance on a young player that may blossom over current vets that aren't getting it done.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I consider Juulsen now to have more upside than DLR when he was claimed...

I doubt Juulsen gets claimed out of training camp. But I wouldn't at all be surprised if he were to get claimed a month into the season, if MB sent him down then after sitting in the stands too long as the #8D. At that point other teams may have injuries and/or be so far out of the playoff race that they would take a chance on a young player that may blossom over current vets that aren't getting it done.
I mean teams only really claim players out of need. We wouldn't have claimed Byron had we not had Kassian go out and f*** up his career.

So it just comes down to: does another team need a #7D who may or may not crack their roster? The answer is probably going to be no, as it is for the 20 other Noah Juulsens who get waived each summer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I mean teams only really claim players out of need. We wouldn't have claimed Byron had we not had Kassian go out and f*** up his career.

So it just comes down to: does another team need a #7D who may or may not crack their roster? The answer is probably going to be no, as it is for the 20 other Noah Juulsens who get waived each summer.

What other case is similar to Juulsen? Former 1st round pick. Had decent start to his NHL career. Had an injury, which unlike concussions and knee injuries, etc... should not affect him if he can recover from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad