HFHabs 2020 Mock Draft - Completed

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Coyotes only have four picks too...
I checked on cap friendly quickly, it was the fairest solution I came up with on top of my head. You can add the draft picks and see which team has the better value. If it ends up being Winnipeg and @MarkovsKnee is fine with giving it to you, then no biggie. I just considered it his reward for hosting the early bird one ;)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I checked on cap friendly quickly, it was the fairest solution I came up with on top of my head. You can add the draft picks and see which team has the better value. If it ends up being Winnipeg and @MarkovsKnee is fine with giving it to you, then no biggie. I just considered it his reward for hosting the early bird one ;)

I have no problem giving up Jets. Sens have a hundred draft picks this year it seems, so I'm good.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Vancouver's an interesting one - they traded their 1st for Miller last year, but on the condition that if they were to miss the playoffs this season, TB would instead get their 1st in 2021.

As of season's pause they were barely hanging on to a wild card spot, so I think it makes sense for TB to retain the pick for this year. Seems like the fair move, though I can't recall what we did in the early bird mock.

will also gladly play take backsies as their 1st pick is 79th :popcorn:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Wow SJ... Love that franchise, but kinda hate them for gifting away a top 5 pick to the Sens in a year where they should have challenged for their division...

They did get a first back and they gave 2 2nd and 2 3rds at least

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Vancouver's an interesting one - they traded their 1st for Miller last year, but on the condition that if they were to miss the playoffs this season, TB would instead get their 1st in 2021.

As of season's pause they were barely hanging on to a wild card spot, so I think it makes sense for TB to retain the pick for this year. Seems like the fair move, though I can't recall what we did in the early bird mock.

will also gladly play take backsies as their 1st pick is 79th :popcorn:

TB retained the pick as Canucks are out of a playoff spot in West.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
St louis blues are going to be a nice challenge , will have way less job than with the sens ;)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The Detroit Red Wings would like to thank Bill Daly and Gary Bettman for making the unfair decision to rig the lottery odds in our favor, at the last minute, despite all statistical evidence pointing to the fact that you should have more variance with less data, not less variance.

We would also like to thank our fans on the main board who maintain that our dismal performance was not a surgical tank but merely a shocking revelation by our previous GM Steve Yzerman, who had no idea that Abdelkader, Nielsen, Howard, et. al suck complete shit.

On another note, we would like to thank our fans on twitter who somehow managed to be less annoying, less smug, and more approachable than Senators fans. I guess that's what irrelevance does to a franchise like Ottawa.

Detroit, makes the easy, brain dead decision to select Alexis Lafreniere from. Rimouski of the QMJHL

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
I'm in if there is room for me!
Damn I'm too late, if someone drops out I can be on the waiting list!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The Ottawa Senators would like to thank the NHL for ensuring that we will get 2 top 5 picks thus paving the way for a resurrection of our pathetic franchise with the worst owner in the NHL.

With that said, with the 2nd overall pick, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select Tim Stutzle (C) from Mannheim (DHL). Stutzle is an intelligent player with elite skills and a high compete level. A speedy skater with terrific edges and balance, Stutzle has the ability & leadership to be a Yzerman-type player for our franchise. A future captain who will play in all situations and bring skill and determination to the team.

With the 3rd overall pick, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select center Quinton Byfield from the Sudbury Wolves. As one of the youngest players in the draft, Byfield has room to grow as a player both physically and mentally. He already has a huge frame but will continue to get stronger. His speed, hands and skill are exceptional. This kid can score. He'll soon be a freight train on ice.

Teams who win Stanley Cups need scorers. They also need two quality centers. We'll have it with Stutzle and Byfield. With Tkachuk, White, Batherson and Chabot already on the team, our core is set to move up the standings within the next 2 years.

@Schooner Guy is next for L.A.

I'll PM him

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
With the 4th overall pick, the LA Kings are pleased to select from the Erie Otters....defenseman Jamie Drysdale.

upload_2020-5-9_14-7-17.jpeg

The last time we had a top 4 pick, we hit a home run with another right shooting dman in Drew Doughty. We look forward to Jamie being mentored by Drew and a long career quarterbacking our power play. We hope he's half as successful as another former athlete with the last name Drysdale who starred in LA.

Good luck to my fellow GMs also drafting from their basement this year. The Anaheim Ducks are now on the clock. I'll PM @Kobe Armstrong .

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
The Ottawa Senators would like to thank the NHL for ensuring that we will get 2 top 5 picks thus paving the way for a resurrection of our pathetic franchise with the worst owner in the NHL.

With that said, with the 2nd overall pick, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select Tim Stutzle (C) from Mannheim (DHL). Stutzle is an intelligent player with elite skills and a high compete level. A speedy skater with terrific edges and balance, Stutzle has the ability & leadership to be a Yzerman-type player for our franchise. A future captain who will play in all situations and bring skill and determination to the team.

With the 3rd overall pick, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select center Quinton Byfield from the Sudbury Wolves. As one of the youngest players in the draft, Byfield has room to grow as a player both physically and mentally. He already has a huge frame but will continue to get stronger. His speed, hands and skill are exceptional. This kid can score. He'll soon be a freight train on ice.

Teams who win Stanley Cups need scorers. They also need two quality centers. We'll have it with Stutzle and Byfield. With Tkachuk, White, Batherson and Chabot already on the team, our core is set to move up the standings within the next 2 years.

@Schooner Guy is next for L.A.

I'll PM him

that would be sick for the Sens

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad