• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Who is number 19?

#1 - Ryan Poehling (51.4% of the votes)
#2 - Cole Caufield (60.25% of the votes)
#3 - Nick Suzuki (63.1% of the votes)
#4 - Josh Brook (63.4% of the votes)
#5 - Alexander Romanov (84.5% of the votes)
#6 - Cayden Primeau (80.5% of the votes)
#7 - Jesse Ylonen (62.1% of the votes)
#8 - Jayden Struble (43.5% of the votes)
#9 - Cale Fleury (56% of the votes)
#10 - Jordan Harris (50.9% of the votes)
#11 - Joni Ikonen (36.1% of the votes)
#12 - Mattias Norlinder (60.3% of the votes)
#13 - Jake Evans (32% of the votes)
#14 - Joel Teasdale (33.6% of the votes)
#15 - Jacob Olofsson (29.2% of the votes)
#16 - Cam Hillis (33.6% of the votes)
#17 - Rhett Pitlick (22.4% of the votes)
#18- Cole Fonstad (52.2% of the votes)

Added Dichow.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
sorry but I was bored and I wanted to test this out as I haven't created a poll since we switched to this board from the old one.

I'm sure Fairbrother will win this rather easily, should be interesting to see who's in after that, McShane, maybe Leskinen?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm so happy that Fonstads finally in..

Fairbrother is clearly the last of the group that I think has an actual shot, outside chance for Vejdemo and Stapley.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Fairbrother is clearly the last of the group that I think has an actual shot, outside chance for Vejdemo and Stapley.

I'm interested to see Leskinen since I couldn't see him last year and that's when he had his breakout. Not that I expect much since undrafted FA's rarely turn into much for us.

If Gorniak can up his game in the NCAA, he has a future as a possible 3rd/4th liner as he's got the speed, skating and he plays an aggressive non stop moving kind of game. I was really disappointed the few times I saw him, not sure what the problem was but he started off very slowly. I don't know anything about the Wisconsin USHS so perhaps the level is just too far below the other top USHS states like Minnesota (the cream of the crop), Northeastern prep, Michigan, etc.. So we'll see how he does this season now that he's played a year and they should be a much stronger team with that sick Freshman class.

Leguerrier I don't know anything about but if he improve maybe there's something there? Some posters seem to think he was just burried on a deep team and now he's going to get his shot to show he can do more.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm interested to see Leskinen since I couldn't see him last year and that's when he had his breakout. Not that I expect much since undrafted FA's rarely turn into much for us.

If Gorniak can up his game in the NCAA, he has a future as a possible 3rd/4th liner as he's got the speed, skating and he plays an aggressive non stop moving kind of game. I was really disappointed the few times I saw him, not sure what the problem was but he started off very slowly. I don't know anything about the Wisconsin USHS so perhaps the level is just too far below the other top USHS states like Minnesota (the cream of the crop), Northeastern prep, Michigan, etc.. So we'll see how he does this season now that he's played a year and they should be a much stronger team with that sick Freshman class.

Leguerrier I don't know anything about but if he improve maybe there's something there? Some posters seem to think he was just burried on a deep team and now he's going to get his shot to show he can do more.
Leskinen looked good anytime Ive seen him, but I still will hold off, mostly because yeah, FA signings don't turn out for us.

Leguerrier was buried for sure and he's a good skater and he has a good O game, but I'm not sure he has a shot, theres too many cogs for him to be relevant.

Gorniak could be a grinder for sure but what the heck happened with his production ?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

What about McShane. Leskinen, and the unknown late round 2019 picks?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Leskinen looked good anytime Ive seen him, but I still will hold off, mostly because yeah, FA signings don't turn out for us.

Leguerrier was buried for sure and he's a good skater and he has a good O game, but I'm not sure he has a shot, theres too many cogs for him to be relevant.

Gorniak could be a grinder for sure but what the heck happened with his production ?

Gorniak just started out very slowly, in his first game he got an assists but then in his next 8 games he was pointless. Most NCAA teams take a 2-3 week break for Christmas so in the first half of the season from Oct to Dec, in 18 games he had just 5 points. In the 2nd half from Jan to the playoffs in March (NCAA counts regular season, playoffs and NCAA tourny games as the same for those that weren't aware) in 19 games he had 10 pts and 5 of those points came in the final 6 games so he got hot at the toughest time of the year. So now the question is was it him just starting to figure it out or just a small sample size as 15 pts in 37 games is really bad. If he was just a 4th liner then it wouldn't be but he got PP time and in the 2nd half was on the top line at times.

That said the guy never stops moving his feet, very hard worker with speed to burn so coaches in our system will love the guy if he can just find a way to pick up the offense a bit.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Gorniak just started out very slowly, in his first game he got an assists but then in his next 8 games he was pointless. Most NCAA teams take a 2-3 week break for Christmas so in the first half of the season from Oct to Dec, in 18 games he had just 5 points. In the 2nd half from Jan to the playoffs in March (NCAA counts regular season, playoffs and NCAA tourny games as the same for those that weren't aware) in 19 games he had 10 pts and 5 of those points came in the final 6 games so he got hot at the toughest time of the year. So now the question is was it him just starting to figure it out or just a small sample size as 15 pts in 37 games is really bad. If he was just a 4th liner then it wouldn't be but he got PP time and in the 2nd half was on the top line at times.

That said the guy never stops moving his feet, very hard worker with speed to burn so coaches in our system will love the guy if he can just find a way to pick up the offense a bit.
I agree, he has a really good motor, but I dont think theres many players, especially of his size that have made it without ever producing beforehand.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I agree, he has a really good motor, but I dont think theres many players, especially of his size that have made it without ever producing beforehand.

well that's the point though, if things started to click for him or not, that's the question. If they did and he can build off that then hopefully he can put close to 30 pts next year which when you look at the hype Poehling has around here and he had only 31 pts as career high. If Gorniak played all season like he did in the 2nd half he would have put up 20 pts, not great at all but would look a little better and then you hope he can build off that to get closer to 30 this season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Mitch Brown of the Athletic now on tsn690.

He ranks McShane #9 ahead of Harris, Strubble, and Ikonen...

Says he plays quick which is most important if he can improve his skating.

Interesting list. He's also putting Mattias Norlinder at #8.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
19. Fairbrother
20. McShane
21. Leskinen
22. Stapley
23. McNiven
24. Gorniak
25. ? maybe Vejdemo, or one of the recent late picks that are unknowns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad