HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Fewer buybacks equates to a price increase. We now effectively have to buy two extra games. Assuming 2 preseason games, we are now obligated to buy 37 instead of 35 games. That’s a 6% price increase if you were fully using this benefit.

They used a similar trick when they eliminated the F&B credit.

I actually haven’t received the email yet. Anyone else still waiting?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Fewer buybacks equates to a price increase. We now effectively have to buy two extra games. Assuming 2 preseason games, we are now obligated to buy 37 instead of 35 games. That’s a 6% price increase if you were fully using this benefit.

It's a price increase for 2022, if you use the buybacks next year and keep your tickets through then. 2021 you're still getting this year's eight credits applied to it so it's not really an increase for 'next' year.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Good point
It's a price increase for 2022, if you use the buybacks next year and keep your tickets through then. 2021 you're still getting this year's eight credits applied to it so it's not really an increase for 'next' year.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

Check your spam folder. That's where some e-mail from my new rep has wound up.

JCDevilsFan

Jan 9, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are having a great start to 2020.

I was considering season tickets for the upcoming year.

I am looking for a partner for Section 7 or Section 20. The thought process is three seats and just split the games.

Please send a message if interested.

Have a good weekend.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
I am looking for tickets to the panthers game Tuesday if anyone has anything decent to sell.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Little Nicky Gallo is back in my spam folder today!

devilslol.png

"Hey Nick,

I was planning to reach out today to set up our connection but last night I was stricken with a violent case of vomiting with occasional diarrhea. Yes, I'd say I first experienced it around 8 o'clock, while watching the Devils game!

I will write you again when I am in better spirits, both mentally and physically.

Regards,

John"

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Little Nicky Gallo is back in my spam folder today!

devilslol.png

"Hey Nick,

I was planning to reach out today to set up our connection but last night I was stricken with a violent case of vomiting with occasional diarrhea. Yes, I'd say I first experienced it around 8 o'clock, while watching the Devils game!

I will write you again when I am in better spirits, both mentally and physically.

Regards,

John"

And Prudential Center events? That caught my eye. I wonder if the Prudential Center is going to be doing something like a Personal Seat License for the arena so you can just buy your seat for the year and use that for every event, including the Devils.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The idea these idiots want $1,500 for the cheapest season seat is hilarious. I literally just bought a ticket on TickPick (and if you are ever looking to buy tickets on the resale market go there first because they have no fees) for tonight for $8, imagine being the guy who paid $35 for it?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
And Prudential Center events? That caught my eye. I wonder if the Prudential Center is going to be doing something like a Personal Seat License for the arena so you can just buy your seat for the year and use that for every event, including the Devils.

I don't see that happening, he probably just meant group tickets or a suite to any other event.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
The idea these idiots want $1,500 for the cheapest season seat is hilarious. I literally just bought a ticket on TickPick (and if you are ever looking to buy tickets on the resale market go there first because they have no fees) for tonight for $8, imagine being the guy who paid $35 for it?

Yeah, pricing makes no sense. They price my upper level corner seats as the same as the last few rows of the defend twice balcony. I told them many games there are literally less than 10 people in my section. Makes no sense to price it the same but I guess they have their data which proves otherwise.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Yeah, pricing makes no sense. They price my upper level corner seats as the same as the last few rows of the defend twice balcony. I told them many games there are literally less than 10 people in my section. Makes no sense to price it the same but I guess they have their data which proves otherwise.
Cause they want you in the 100s.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
If you are a season ticket holder (as am I for the past decade) you have to be smart in evaluating the worth of your tickets. You have to go into each season with a game plan in case the team does not perform and the secondary market becomes cheap. If you don’t have a game plan then you will lose a lot of money in terms of ‘value’ of your season tickets.

For me this year I used my 8 buybacks which will transfer into next season, sold many of the high selling games for a profit, and luckily for me I also have friends and family who are happy to pay me the face value of my tickets to some of the games I could not go to. Of course there are a few games I have to take a hit on but that is expected. At the end of the season I will have attended 18 games. After totaling all of my resales my average cost per game will be $38 a game. Thats not bad at all for the attack side twice balcony, especially after factoring in the perks I have received, the tenure jersey I got for this season, and the player events I went to. I think I did fairly well for this season considering the state of the team and how cheap the secondary market is. It’s all about having a game plan when you are a season ticket holder for the Devils.

I just look forward to the day (hopefully) where this team is good again and the secondary market catches up to the season ticket value. Then it will be a much easier process to make sure you get good value for your season tickets.

Last edited:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Took my young kids to the game against the panthers we sat in the loft seats. I've been there before with them but just wanted to post again that those are hands down 100000% the best seats in the building esp considering the bang for the buck. Stubhub got me in for $60 they went as low as $40 that game. The food there was probably the best i've tasted at any of the club/restaurant/loft since the beek days. I will still wait a awhile before I venture back to the clubs last year was by far the worse i've ever tried there.

Reactions: SETHROLLINS

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I might end up doing 2 simply because they are obviously gonna raise the prices for year 2. I've had the seats for so long that unless I drop dead or move out of the area ill always be renewing and I've..... And if I drop dead I won't have to worry about the second year anyway lol

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
I might end up doing 2 simply because they are obviously gonna raise the prices for year 2. I've had the seats for so long that unless I drop dead or move out of the area ill always be renewing and I've..... And if I drop dead I won't have to worry about the second year anyway lol

Why not just put a few bucks away every pay check from now until next February? This way you'll have a fair amount or all of the increase tucked away and when the time comes you can decide with a clear head? Well as long as you don't do buybacks.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Why not just put a few bucks away every pay check from now until next February? This way you'll have a fair amount or all of the increase tucked away and when the time comes you can decide with a clear head? Well as long as you don't do buybacks.

It's not really about the small price increase that's probably gonna happen. It's more I might as well just do it because I know I'm gonna renew anyway so might as well just save whatever money it is.

I've had seasons for almost 2 decades, realistically I'm not canceling unless I move out of the area and that's probably not ever happening let alone happening in the next 2 years. I still enjoy going even if the team sucks and I love my seats and the people around me. Something major like an insane price increase is the only thing that would really get me to cancel and with the locked in price for the next 2 years I know it's not a price that I find unreasonable.

This season has also been the most games I've ever missed (minus the lockout year in 2013) I was surprisingly able to sell off quite a few games for face value and will use all of my 8 buybacks which equals out to the cost of more than 1 seat for me.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I also totally get anyone who cancels and I don't blame them in the least. I'm not shilling for anyone to renew. Everyone's situation is different.

This is just another frustrating part to this season, people were hyped going into it, saw a bunch of new full season ticket holders around us and then they suck this year and likely lose a lot of those people they brought in as well as season ticket holders they already had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad