HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Oh, it will definitely sell out one-way-or-the-other, I'm just not convinced it's going to happen without some "help" at this point.
I just looked at the map. 2 full sections available in the mezzanine on the side the Devils shoot twice. They must have just released those tickets, I don't see any other explanation. They did this kind of shenanigans last year too.

Regardless, the game will be sold out, and the crowd is gonna be rocking.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This is horrendous for people who are coming straight from work. The team and the league can afford to provide lockers if they want to go this route.

This is horrendous for people with babies and toddlers.

That's the death knell for my attendance for the next several years.

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
This is horrendous for people with babies and toddlers.

That's the death knell for my attendance for the next several years.

I'll bet they enforced this primarily because children 2 and under don't need a ticket to get in. Allowing those freeloaders into the arena juxtaposes the revenue maximization they're aiming for :P

For real though, it's unfortunate that the lockers charge $8 minimum. Just another fee layered on top of all the others involved with attending a game (transport/parking, service fees for online purchases, etc).

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I trust many here with this question. I'm monitoring the secondary market for tickets for opening night.

When do we think would be the time to pounce on tickets? It seems like they've dropped a bit since I last looked a couple of weeks ago.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Those lockers should be free....

And it's kinda BS women can still bring in purses, but men are SOL. Guess a guy could always get a European carryall:

3ad733f29a05c54ebfdf33a1c44ee1be.png

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

And it's kinda BS women can still bring in purses, but men are SOL. Guess a guy could always get a European carryall:

Just borrow a purse. It may be time to bring back the fanny pack.

On a serious note, my diaper bag is a drawstring backpack and I don't think they will tell me I can't bring it in.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Louphole.

Just buy a cheap purse and bring in what you want. They're not going to tell you you cant due to your gender, because, 2019.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I trust many here with this question. I'm monitoring the secondary market for tickets for opening night.

When do we think would be the time to pounce on tickets? It seems like they've dropped a bit since I last looked a couple of weeks ago.

It's too early to buy.

It's also difficult to say what the true demand is given I'm near certain the Devils are monkeying with what they want you to believe ticket availability is, but I highly suspect there are far more unsold tickets than TM would lead you to believe.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
It's too early to buy.

It's also difficult to say what the true demand is given I'm near certain the Devils are monkeying with what they want you to believe ticket availability is, but I highly suspect there are far more unsold tickets than TM would lead you to believe.

Agreed ... even if they aren't "monkeying around", there is little doubt that they are still holding back a bunch in the hopes that they can sell full/partial season ticket plans. I would think that they would dump most of those into the market a week or so before the season starts.

There are also (likely) a bunch of sths who purchased extras for opening night, figuring they could make a few bucks off of it. I would think those folks will drop their prices on the secondary market as the game approaches.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
While I don't doubt tickets will drop for opening night, they never really did for Nico's debut home opener two years ago. I got stuck buying goal bar seats for $90 a piece the day of the game because nothing ever dropped.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Can we all just remind ourselves that this new bag policy is straight from the League and not really the Devils' fault.

If you still attend NFL games with their ludicrously restrictive bag policies, this shouldn't bother you.

As for me, my "locker" is my parked car in the Seton Hall Law garage since I rely on my automobile daily, so people will be affected both more and less than others.

With that said, I'm starting to understand this new wearing-a-fanny-pack-as-a-shoulder-sling fad.

Reactions: Colin226

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
While I don't doubt tickets will drop for opening night, they never really did for Nico's debut home opener two years ago. I got stuck buying goal bar seats for $90 a piece the day of the game because nothing ever dropped.

Yeah, I bought tickets in the 100 section that never dropped too much for Nico's debut (don't remember how much they were offhand) but I'll probably wait it out and see how they look next week.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Can we all just remind ourselves that this new bag policy is straight from the League and not really the Devils' fault.

If you still attend NFL games with their ludicrously restrictive bag policies, this shouldn't bother you.

As for me, my "locker" is my parked car in the Seton Hall Law garage since I rely on my automobile daily, so people will be affected both more and less than others.

With that said, I'm starting to understand this new wearing-a-fanny-pack-as-a-shoulder-sling fad.

I said the team/league should pay for the lockers.

You also could give me free nfl tickets nowadays and I still wouldn't go but I remember when you use to be able to bring in coolers to nfl games.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011

That was a Saturday afternoon which helped the market stay hot as well. The crowd was on fire for that game probably the best home opener atmosphere since I’ve been a STH.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
That was a Saturday afternoon which helped the market stay hot as well. The crowd was on fire for that game probably the best home opener atmosphere since I’ve been a STH.

Agreed about the atmosphere. What I remember right from the beginning of the game was the speed the Devils had and thinking, I must be dreaming.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Went to MSG last night with a backpack. Seems like MSG is immune to league rules.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Went to MSG last night with a backpack. Seems like MSG is immune to league rules.

Yeah was going to say the same thing. Once I saw the Devils policy I was afraid MSG was going to implement it but it’s status quo as of now. Maybe it’s not a mandate as much as it’s a strong suggestion from the league. Or MSG and Dolan just don’t give a shit and are fighting the league again like they did with the website years back.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Also the bag policies across the league seem to vary. A lot more teams have adopted stricter ones with this apparent mandate that went out but some still allow drawstrings, some only allow clear bags, etc. There doesn’t seem to be one uniform policy across the entire league.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So there are 72 tickets in Section 226, which is not exactly a big broker area, on Stubhub.

This is part of the way the Devils manipulate the market & make people believe a game is more sold out than it actually is.

Meanwhile you can basically buy the entire sections of 132 & 133 on TM, save the 1st row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad